Reproduction tank/cover emblems.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproduction tank/cover emblems.

Check out the repro tank and side emblems selling on Ebay. Kinda pricy but does make one twitch on the wallet a little. Is there no end to the temptation!!!!
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

DAMN!!! Someone beat me to it. I have been planning to do repro covers for a while as there was no other competition. I found a great write-up on how to do it on another forum.
    '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

Hi Webb,
      any logo thingie that costs more than the
      $4.75 each peel'n'stick three tuning fork plastic badges that my local Yamadealer sells don't tempt me at all. I already know what I ride. Anyone else wanting to know can always ask.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I took them off my SF and filled in the holes. I will do the same with the F when I repaint it. Maybe some one will mistake it for a Harley. (Poor joke)
        put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
        79 F (Blueballs)
        79 SF (Redbutt)
        81 LH (organ donor)
        79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
        76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
        rover has spoken

Comment

Hi Guys,

Already available HERE! (click)

Not tried 'em myself, but I am told they are good!

AlanB
          If it ain't broke, modify it!

Comment

I'm a big fan of "shaving" emblems as well. And they already were on my XS11 when I bought it...
            '79 XS11SF
            '85 GS700E

Comment

I did the old "glue 'em back together, sand 'em, prime 'em, spray 'em gold, lacquer 'em up" method. Might even spray some black on there and wipe the tops of the letters off real quick to give it that OEM look but it's not that bad just being gold. Read it it in the Tech tips. (yes, can you believe it, I read a tech tip!)
              79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

For anyone 'shaving' off the standard emblems, you can mail them to me.

I am proud of what I ride, and not afraid to show it!

I could never figure out what the attraction was in taking the emblems off. Embarrased of what they ride I guess. Maybe too lazy to wax around them.

I always seem to rescue my bikes from shavers, and end up spending a 'fortune' getting the emblems back on!

I was lucky, I just picked up a gas tank with emblems on it, for less than the emblems go for seperately. I also picked up the one for the back of the seat (free) and now just need the ones for the sidecovers.
                Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

All right, here we go. I took my emblems off because the few remaining parts of them were way too far gone to repair. So, I went on ebay to get good ones, and after getting several sets that were different, did not fit, and after spending half the winter waiting for some that would work (plus a LOT of money), I filled in the holes and got on with my paint job. I AM damned proud of both of my XS's, and just because you think that I am ashamed of them cause I took the emblems off, then you better rethink your position. You do not know any of the circumstances I had, and yet you can tell me that I am ashamed of my XS's------well-----SHAME ON YOU!!
                  79 F (Blueballs)
                  79 SF (Redbutt)
                  81 LH (organ donor)
                  rover has spoken

Comment

Ditto crazcnuk, If you're shaving your side cover emblems too send me a set! lol

Comment

Originally posted by manshack_one
                      Ditto crazcnuk, If you're shaving your side cover emblems too send me a set! lol
                      Go on ebay and buy the ones that don't fit or match the motorcycle ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      79 F (Blueballs)
                      79 SF (Redbutt)
                      81 LH (organ donor)
                      rover has spoken

Comment

You're talking about the golf cart ones?

Nah, I need the stacked side cover emblem:

XS
                        Eleven-Special

For the right hand side. PO dumped it hard. I hope it hurt him too. No respect for the XS. You get what you deserve.

Comment

Down, Rover, down!

I was joking. I know, it's hard to tell!

My bike has the holes filled and painted as well, the PO likely had the same problem.

I was talking about people who do it to perfectly good parts, like my buddy did with his Shadow 1100.

I AM keeping an eye, out, but there is no such thing as 'doesn't fit' when you're talking sidecover emblems as I can fill the holes and drill new ones!

Hell, you can put CB900 ones on your XS if you so desire.

I was even considering having my local Trim-Brite shop make me a set of decals that look like the original emblems, if I can't get the real ones (I'm not going to pay $50ea, or more for replica ones.
                          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
                          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Been thinking of putting 650 emblems on my hot rod XS Idiots around here would not know the difference

mro

Comment

The side cover emblems on both my XS's are good. The tank ones on the SF were both broken and barely hanging on. I suppose the crappy ones I got on ebay could be used if I filed off the pins and super glued them on the tank, but they don't look much like the originals. I run a windjammer on both bikes, and it is hard to tell the ones on the SF are gone. One of the tank emblems on the F is broken, but both pieces are there. Maybe I will repair that one.
                              79 F (Blueballs)
                              79 SF (Redbutt)
                              81 LH (organ donor)
                              rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
                              X