Virgin Cycle Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Cycle Sound

I bought a Cycle Sound unit off of Ebay. From the pictures, I figured it would fit my Windjammer. Its to small. My research shows it is for a Quicksilver fairing. This thing is new and has never been installed, ever. I posted it in the parts for sale but figured I would tempt yall here to.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Hi Webb,
    how can "too small" be an installation problem? Bend the odd bracket and fit a faceplate?
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The Cycle sound I got from e-bay is physically smaller than the existing cycle sound in my Windjammer SS. I had incorrectly assumed they were all the same size. Some research showed that the Quicksilver and maybe the Rooster fairing had a Cycle sound option. I wish the new one would fit 'cause is appears to be NOS quality.

Comment

Hi Webb,
        yeah, I got it, your new noisebox is physically smaller than the old one.
        OK, obviously I can't see it from here but
        can you not put the new unit in there anyway with some easily fabricated sheetmetal straps or so?
        So now there's a gap all round between the new unit and the existing pocket.
        If not having that gap showing is important to you, cut a masking plate from sheet aluminum to cover it. A rectangle with a letterbox slot in it will do. Bead-blast or faux engine-turn or paint to match.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Heh, that's the difference between someone who wants it to LOOK right and those that 'make it fit' no matter what.

It's like putting the fender off a Windstar on a Caravan, sure, you can make it fit, but it will never look right.

(Unless you are far better than I am at fabricating, at least!)
          Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
          '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

With the way the Cycle Sound is suppose to fit, it would not look right and it would be a crime to cut on the virgin unit. The bottom of the speaker mounts would hit my fairing in the wrong spot. My existing Cycle Sound is in pretty good shape. I bought the new one 'cause it was, well, new. Someone will need it sooner or later. Or maybe.... yeah, I have a plan!!! Buy a Quicksilver fairing off of e-bay, mount the Cycle Sound and get me another XS to put it on. Yeah, thats the plan. That way the Cycle Sound is off my workbench. Now, lets see how this works when I run it by the SWMBO. I can hear it now. "You bought a radio mount, it wont fit your bike so you want to buy a bike to put it on?" Yes dear, makes perfect sence to me.

Comment

Just how small is that Cycle Sound?

Before you make that sugestion to SWMBO, make sure the Cycle Sound will fit were it is going to end up
              Highlander

Comment

"With the way the Cycle Sound is suppose to fit, it would not look right and it would be a crime to cut on the virgin unit. The bottom of the speaker mounts would hit my fairing in the wrong spot."

Hi Webb,
                bad info brings bad advice. First you say it's too small but now you say it must be cut to fit. As you say, sell it off or keep it for later. I have to agree with dwales about the hazards of you buying another bike just to install that unit. It'd sound all muffled where it would get shoved.
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                X