Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out with the old and in with the new....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out with the old and in with the new....

As the new web and forum start to come online, I have decided to turn in my administrator hat and just go back to being a regular member. It was a great honor helping to launch this site with JP, Mike Hart, Bill Kingson, Ken T, and the other original moderators.

TC has assembled a great team of moderators and the site is doing better than ever! He has also taken the forum to places my skill and knowledge never could. His ideas and dedication have made this site something special. Thanks TC!! It is easy to step aside knowing the current admin is on top of things.

Since I sold my beloved XS's a few years ago, and my knowledge has faded a bit. I have not been very active on the site, so nobody will notice a change at the top. I will still be here, mostly posting in the rally threads.

This is a planned move and has been in works for a while now, it has nothing to do with the new site. It just makes this a nice time to step aside. Actually I am excited to see where the new website goes.

Much thanks to all on the site, it has been a cool ride so far!

TC - feel free to demote me to regular member in the database.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Thanks Gary!

I found this site a year or two ago and it is surely one of my favorites. Just as after 28 years of being an XS owner the machine still amazes me, I am still amazed at the wealth of knowledge that every member contributes on a daily basis. I look forward to my visit every morning with my first cup of coffee.

So I am sure that most members will stand with me and say thank you, Gary, for your work.
    Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

Yes, Good job Gary and I /we look forward to riding with you and the missus again.

Gene

Comment

Hate to see you do it since I don't think anyone ever stops being XSive... but I understand the reasoning...
        Glad to see you plan on hanging around though... One of these days, John and I will be able to ride up the east coast and meet a few more of the members here... at least... that's my plan...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

I give thanks too, for your knowlege, expertise and taking the time to help others.
          "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Gary - That ride we took around Mt St Helens a few years back will live in my memory forever! That was awesome and so is the site that you have invested so much of yourself in. Thanks for everything and if your ever in the NW again, you always have a place to stay and I know some great backroads between here and the coast!

See ya around!
            Jeremy

1979 XS11 Special
            2002 Ducati ST4S
            2012 BMW F800R
            1981 Suzuki GS450E
            1982 Honda XL500R

Comment

Jeremy,

Good to see you are still around! I remember everything about that day. The ride up the Columbia river gorge, the breakfast with all the hot sauces in Carson, the 117 miles of non-stop twisties, that was a good time!! Hope to get out that way again, will look you up for sure.

Gary Granger

Comment

Thanks for the thanks! Prom, Wild, GNE and TAD! It was actually was fun except for the first 6 months when we had to redo all the text and tips for the new format. Hope to see everyone at a rally soon!!
                Gary Granger

Comment

Many Thanks, Gary!

I want to thank you for all your efforts in bringing this site to where it is today. You have been a wealth of knowledge on this forum and I know that we all appreciate it!

Good luck in all that you pursue!

Nemaste,

greg
                  Gone but never Forgotten:
                  1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                  2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                  2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

It will certainly be a well deserved rest, Gary. You have been a great resource to the XS world for a long time, and your efforts will live on in the huge body of information that you have helped put together for enthusiasts all over the world.

Don't be a stranger!
                    Ken Talbot

Comment

Skippy - Thanks, hopefully it only gets better from here!

Thanks Ken, Wow!, ...this means a lot coming from you!

Originally posted by Ken Talbot
                      It will certainly be a well deserved rest, Gary. You have been a great resource to the XS world for a long time, and your efforts will live on in the huge body of information that you have helped put together for enthusiasts all over the world.

Don't be a stranger!
                      Gary Granger

Comment

best of luck to you.
                        as ever bill
                        bill hane

Comment

Working...
                        X