Fireplace tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireplace tech

Any fireplace owner/operaters out there?
    Our new home has a fireplace included. I gues its what you call a pre-fab in the fireplace word. Anyway the prevous owners throughout the years have really used it. It has the blower built in with glass doors and the sliding mesh spark guards. Where can one find the spark guards in the aftermarket? I have googled and all i get in screens you put out on the hearth. I need to replace the sliding screens becasue they are worn out. I see them at menards with the new door kits but not by themselves. With winter coming I want to get everything working properly.

I wood suggest you give a fire place retailer a call. that will be a specialized item that they will have information on.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Hey Darryl,

Also, is it a real fireplace? In other words, can you burn wood and stuff in it, or is it just an ashless one, with gas fire logs?

IF wood burning, you'll definitely want to get a chimney sweeper to be sure to get the chimney cleaned to remove creosote ?sp from the inside chimney, otherwise, you can get a situation where it can build up like tar, and then burn creating too much heat where it's not designed to handle and can cause the roof and nearby timbers to catch on fire!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

yes, its small but a wood burner. I have gas service if I wanted to go with gas logs, but like the idea of having an alternate heat source in case if emergency of High fuel prices.
        I have contacted and have an appointment for a sweep and inspection. Its a triple line stove pipe instead of a masonary chimney. I Will have it checked before lighting anything. I trust no prevouse owners of anything when it comes to safety.

* did you know the only school in the country to learn how to be a certified chinmey sweep is here in Indianapolis

Comment

Working...
        X