No announcement yet.

2nd Annual Meeting of the XSive Minds - 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang on....80 miles on 4 gallons......20 miles per gallon?
    79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Comment

Re: meeting point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by skippy344
      [B]Hey Manshack_one,

We can meet you in Centerville. Webbcraft and Bagger Dave will probably meet at my house, since it seems to be centally located to them. Then we can blaze up to Centerville and meet you.
      Yeah, dats right.

But we'll see as we get closer to that time. I've got a Kawasaki Voyager now, so we won't have to stop every 80 miles for fuel!

"I got a Kawasaki Voyager now so I don't have to stop ever 80 mile for fuel" (sarcastic, 14 year old girl tone to my voice ) Ya gotta remember, I have a seat made outa oak and a nicotine habit!!
      Last edited by webbcraft2150; 10-26-2007, 05:12 PM.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

I believe SC needs to be represented at this event. And I do need to make another Iron Butt ride. So why not. Count us there.
        Jim Horton
        Myrtle Beach SC 29588
        843-274-5045

Comment

I just did MapQuest, and it is 1167 miles and 17 hours driving time, from here to there. Sounds like a definate Iron Butt Ride for me. My last one was in 2003. From Daytona Fla to Scranton Pa. 1175 miles, 21 hours. (I was giving my at the time current wife a ride home)
          Jim Horton
          Myrtle Beach SC 29588
          843-274-5045

Comment

Most excellent!

Adding pillows and warm packs for the Iron Butt riders to the list of things to get for this rally...
            81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

if only

Tent camping in John's back yard..... where oh where is the Hobbyman to throw one up too???

Tod, bring a tent....... Mine's almost a portable house.... but it fits on the back seat of the bike......

We could all just make John and Kat's backyard a campground!

Course, I could use it as an excuse to go see my dad again huh?

Count me in...... on an XS and hopefully the motorcycle magazines will return a call...... then we can get some exposure.

Billy is a maybe....... Sherri is a possible in the cage....... then I wouldn't have my back rest ..... errr backbreast?
              Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
              S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
              1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

First response

When I first saw this thread I immediately decided to bring Pathfinder back to Texas for a visit. I had in my mind that Hurst was in Western Texas, but later I did a google search and found that it was about the same distance as Houston, about 1400 mi. I really would like to make the trip, but I will need to take a couple of extra days for the trip with at least one overnight stop each way. Makes for a much more expensive trip. Looks like El Paso is about midway. I wonder if there are any XSives in the area to travel with that is making the trip?
                You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                Drilled airbox
                Tkat fork brace
                Hardly mufflers
                late model carbs
                Newer style fuses
                Oil pressure guage
                Custom security system
                Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

First thought

Poor response from the site caused this double post. Sometimes it just hangs when trying to post.
                  Last edited by planedick; 11-06-2007, 08:54 AM.
                  You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                  Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                  Drilled airbox
                  Tkat fork brace
                  Hardly mufflers
                  late model carbs
                  Newer style fuses
                  Oil pressure guage
                  Custom security system
                  Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

planedick,
                    I may try and make the meeting. If I can, I'll give you a heads up. I'll ride south, hook up with you, and we can go east, to the middle of Texas....
                    Ray Matteis
                    KE6NHG
                    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Cycle World Notified

ummmm I may have done a bad thing..... I let Cycle World Mag know about our get together...... sent a letter to the editor..... it is however the 30th anniversary! So, maybe everyone can forgive me? Besides I still cant get a call back.... So, why not an email?

So, if anyone else wants to let them in on the secret..... SHHHH the editor's email address is

cwletters@hfmus.com

course if anyone wanted to send to the other bike mags that had a hand in letting out the secret of the XS11 30 yrs ago.... pass the word and pass the email addresses too.
                      Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                      S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                      1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Tod, bring a tent
                        Why?? It's taken me 20 or 30 visits, but I finally have a nice comfy spot on the living room floor with an air matress on dibbs whenever I get there!

That would be cool for a cycle mag to get a 30th anniversary pic of Hippy Dave's 78E. I've never seen or heard of another as clean that gets ridden... although a lot less since he started cheating on it with the Bussa. That XS of his is purdy! He likes when I tell him he's anal about it.... lol.

Tod
                        Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                        '06 Suzuki DR650
                        *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                        '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                        '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                        '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                        '81 XS1100 Special
                        '81 YZ250
                        '80 XS850 Special
                        '80 XR100
                        *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hey Cool!

Oh wait... that would mean I would REALLY have to clean house... I suppose... just this once won't hurt... much...

Wow! Good to see you again Mark... was beginning to think that this whole work thing made you forget about us...

Hopefully, things will work out so that everyone can make this one... It looks like it will be a good one!
                          81 SH Something Special
                          81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                          81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                          80 LG Black Magic
                          78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                          For those on FB

Comment

DUDE. I think I might be off for that weekend! My Finals end June12. 4/c is required to help with graduation that week. As it looks right now, count me in. That being the case, if anyone needs a room to crash in, I should have some space. What is the count right now? I may end up missing the 1st day b/c of graduation. Still, I am sure my Dad will enjoy a few XSives around. I will keep everyone updated.
                            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                            Acta Non Verba

Comment

DUDE

*Sigh....

Sorry Wildkat... here we go again! Seems like at least ANDREW would realize you aren't a "Dude!"
                              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                              '06 Suzuki DR650
                              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                              '81 XS1100 Special
                              '81 YZ250
                              '80 XS850 Special
                              '80 XR100
                              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I've added this to my calander, but it is too far away for anything like a plan.

Only a bit over 1000 miles. That is not too bad.
                                I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X