2nd Annual Meeting of the XSive Minds - 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mouchyns will attend!

I may have to ride the Kawasaki up though.

Still working on a trailer to attach to the Kaw to tow Packmule.

Wait, that just doesn't sound right, towing a packmule?

Uh, oh, I may have to rename her again.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

greg
    Gone but never Forgotten:
    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
    2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
    2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I may have to ride the Kawasaki up though. Still working on a trailer to attach to the Kaw to tow Packmule.

Holy Crap!! We get a "Newsed" bike and can't even ride 185 miles on our XS any more??

I hope you're doing it to just show off the new bike... not because you're so $#&@ spoiled now!

If that's the case... then maybe you AND Dave could just show up with Honda cars. *Shaking head* What's this group coming too?!?

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Funny man

LOL,

We rode about 200 miles yesterday on Packmule. The guy at the Suzuki shop complemented me on her. He also wanted to know if I was going to sell her. I said, no. I was not looking to replace her, never will. I just wanted a tourer.

He said he remembered the XS's and how fast they were. He had a KZ that just couldn't keep up, so he got rid of it. LOL.

Yeah, will probably just ride it up to show off. But you never know, this is an XS event, so I may have to ride the Packmule!

Now, what did I do with those Airhawk cushions...

greg
        1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Re: Funny man

Originally posted by skippy344
          LOL,

But you never know, this is an XS event, so I may have to ride the Packmule!

greg
          This should be a no brainer. Get Lynda dialed in on the Packmule, and you can ride brand X.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Funny thing about XS's

Packmule is too tall in the saddle for most women to ride comfortably with out 6" boot heels, which I am not opposed to!

And its the butt discomfort that limits the XS on the longer rides.

I'm guessing that is more of a "special" thing than a standard thing.

But you never know. She likes the Viragos, so that may be another pony in the stable in the future.
            1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Re: Funny thing about XS's

Originally posted by skippy344
              Packmule is too tall in the saddle for most women to ride comfortably with out 6" boot heels, which I am not opposed to!

And its the butt discomfort that limits the XS on the longer rides.

I'm guessing that is more of a "special" thing than a standard thing.

But you never know. She likes the Viragos, so that may be another pony in the stable in the future.
              Please do a search on "lowering your bike", lotsa people have done it. You ain't got nuthin on butt discomfort, I have worked with oak that wasn't as hard as the seat on my standard. Thats one reason I liked rideing next to a Special, I knew they had to stop for fuel before all the feeling in my kester went out. The Virago would be a good choice though, and that would make it two against one for the Kaw.
              When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Someone else got another bike?

Man! First Dave and now Greg? What IS this world coming to anyway?
                I want another bike too... ZX14... 'Busa... or GSXR... I'm not picky

So will Lynda be riding her own bike up here?

We found a really nice 180 mile ride for that Saturday... okay... maybe not as nice as Talihina... but around here... we take what we can get before they make more city out of it...
                81 SH Something Special
                81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

No, she will be riding on the cushy back seat!

We really had no intention of buying a bike on Saturday, really. We just went to Houston to look around at some bike shops for accessories.

And I never even considering buying a Kawasaki! The world is funny sometimes...
                  1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Here is a pic of the Voyager

This is not my exact bike, I got this pic from Cycletrader, but it is the same year and color scheme:

I don't have the truck horns either, but I will add something like them later...

greg
                    1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Kermie the Peace Frog

I like it! I can only imagine that it will be infinitely more comfortable... can't wait to see it live and in person!

I like the color too...

Congratulations on your new addition!
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Count us in! I like the fact that the dates are out there... plenty of time to schedule life around the RIDE.

I hate to disappoint ya'll but I don't think the Honda will be making it to this event. Maybe a Suzuki...

Congratulations on your new ride Greg... Can't wait to see it up close and personal.
                        Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Comment

I am planning my days right now. Just what I need, a 3000 mile 2-week trip.

Kat, what's the closest mid-range motel near you guys?

Comment

WooHoo! The more the merrier!

Originally posted by simplycindy
                            I hate to disappoint ya'll but I don't think the Honda will be making it to this event. Maybe a Suzuki...
                            Oh sure... rub it in...

now I thought the Honda was an admirable ride... it even had two extra wheels in case something happened to the original two... I call that planning!
                            Can't wait to see you both again! (or the 'busa... I'm still just a little green with envy on that one )

Randy! That would be SOOOO cool!!!
                            Here is a link to the lodging post from this year's MotM... everything should be pretty much the same as far as contact information...
                            Places to hang your hat in beautiful downtown Hurst, Texas
                            Wow! Hope you can make it!
                            81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                            80 LG Black Magic
                            78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                            For those on FB

Comment

I'm looking forward to it and meeting you and John. Just what I need, an excuse to get far away from the Northeast!

See y'all in June.

Comment

Hey Randy, I'm kinda thinking about this too. Just not sure about the distance/time factor.
                                80 SG
                                81 SH in parts
                                99 ST1100
                                91 ST1100

Comment

Working...
                                X