No announcement yet.

Do your kids ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only have one son, 8 years old now. Bought a little 50cc couple years ago for him. He loves it but doesn't get to ride it as often as he would like. Not many places left for offroad riding around here. Anytime I go out on the xs he always begs to come along. I was doing some work on it and just went around the block for a test ride and he was chasing me thinking I was going somewhere without him.

He asked me the other day "Hey dad, do I get to have your bike when you out grow it ?"
    Ernie
    79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
    (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

no daughters?

Hi Ernie,
      your boy better be an only child or there's gonna be some muttering from the ladies on this list.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Fred,

He's the one and only (that I am aware of) lol and I was not alluding that motorcycles in any way, shape, or form are exclusive to one gender. I just wasn't sure how to take the "out grow" statement. I mean I'm in my 40's so I might be tad larger that I was in my 20's. Unfortunately his genes have provided him with a slight degree of sarcasm so I had reservations with him either being niave or his comments being a dig in reference to my geometric stature? He did make a comment one day, as our plumber was approaching to replace our air tank, to the effect that I probably bought my pants at the same place as the plumber. (lol)
        Ernie
        79XS1100SF (no longer naked, now a bagger)
        (Improving with age, the bike that is)

Comment

Three kids, one girl and two boys. My daughter never did show any interest until she got a new boyfriend a year ago and does ride with him now (Gold Wing). My youngest is into ATV's but NOT into bikes at all (fortunatly, he is only 18 and does not always think about what he is doing). My oldest one is 26 and an engineer, very level headed, rides his own bike (Zook) and rides it well. I cannot say too much as I bought my first bike when I was 14 and have been on them since. I did let the oldest drive the Dragon several times so he has joined a very exclusive club, he is only the fifth person to drive the bike since it was driven off the dealers lot in 1979, and one of the very few people that I would trust with the beast.
          I ride with him every time I get the chance and love it as much as I love anything.
          The Old Tamer
          1981 XS1100SH (The Black Dragon)

If there are more than three bolts holding it on there, it is most likely a very important part!

Comment

Working...
          X