rear end shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear end shocks

“I just bought HWMBO some Progressive shocks for his rear end... but he put them on the bike instead and really seems to love them. He says they make a world of difference...”

I just had a prostate biopsy. It rates right up there with root canal’s and colonoscopies when discussing unpleasant procedures. I wonder if “Progressive Shocks” would have made an improvement on my “rear end?"
    E.Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Only if you put them "up" your rear end
    put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
    79 F (Blueballs)
    79 SF (Redbutt)
    81 LH (organ donor)
    79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
    76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
    rover has spoken

Comment

Gosh Ed...

seems that would have been enough of a shock on its own...

(I hope all is well... in the end)
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

WildKat, you know how to turn...or twist...a phrase.
        1980 XS 11 Special: The King of Kong, 9th wonder of the world. Pacifico fairing, chopped shield, Yamaha hard bags, Diamond seat, T-Kat fork brace, XJ top end, YICS Eliminator, '80 carbs from Spyder Cycle Works, K&N Air filter, Fuse block, stainless steel valves & reg/rect from Oregon MC Parts. Raptor CCT, XJ air shocks, 850 FD, Sportster mufflers, Standard handle bar, Tusk Bar Risers, SS braided brake lines. Cat Eye speedometer. HID projector beam headlight, LED running lights.

Comment

"(I hope all is well... in the end)"
          I've been studying proctology said Wildkat, sternly.
          Fred Hill, S'toon
          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

As a wise young Doctor once said..."It'll all work out in the end..."
            1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
            1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
            1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
            1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
            2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

As a scholarly , constipated mathematician once said... "shocking but true... you can always work it out with a pencil..."
              1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
              1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
              1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
              2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

I'll bet putting them on his bike didn't require the use of the 'KY' either....

(pretty slick, huh?)

NEWS HEADLINES...

More thrust... less bounce,

Local Biker installs shocks in hopes it improves his rear end!

"(O.K. time to go to bed)
                1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
                1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
                1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
                2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

I hope it does not put too much of a DAMPER on your riding, and you can SPRING back quickly. I wish you a PROGRESSIVE RATE of recovery and can REBOUND soon!
                  Sure it's gonna make some noise, there's GAS exploding in there!

Comment

That walnut sized thingie on my prostate is non- malignant. Wu- hoo!
                    All's well that ends well.
                    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
                    I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

SOOO glad to hear that!

81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

Hey Doctor,
                        could you write me a note for my wife, that in fact my head isn't up there?

mro

Comment

about getting one's rear end examined, my ex fell seriously unwell while on a lecture tour. Ended up on a gurney in the local emergency ward draped in a sheet with her stern exposed to the world as the skilled staff prepared to peer up it with an optical device. She claims she was not embarrassed by this, they were professional people, right? Then this familiar voice rings out from behind one of the masks:-
                          " Hello Mrs - - - , did we not meet yesterday at your seminar?"
                          " I find that I do not wish to meet you socially at this time." was all she could think of to say.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
                          X