Harley vs Semi Truck & guy live to talk about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley vs Semi Truck & guy live to talk about it

Here's a vid worth watching. Be careful out there.
    Rebuilt 1981 XS1100 H
    My story

i know that intersection, near the santa monica beach here in los angeles

sorry, but i don't know when mine's coming or how, but , i ride too fast to have someone pass me, or especially a cager in a rush, cause i would of passed him on my way to the intersection i'm too defensive around 18 wheelers,

untold stories like this abound, this one is made available of a guy that could not ride, to ride his bad harley.

just be glad he din't end up as a donor, or may not...
    "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
    History
    85 Yamaha FJ 1100
    79 yamaha xs1100f
    03 honda cbr 600 f4
    91 yamaha fzr 600
    84 yamaha fj 1100
    82 yamaha seca 750
    87 yamaha fazer
    86 yamaha maxim x
    82 yamaha vision
    78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Re: i know that intersection, near the santa monica beach here in los angeles

Originally posted by mason79
      sorry, but i don't know when mine's coming or how, but , i ride too fast to have someone pass me, or especially a cager in a rush, cause i would of passed him on my way to the intersection i'm too defensive around 18 wheelers, untold stories like this abound, this one is made available of a guy that could not ride, to ride his bad harley.
      He was stopped at a light, you apparently didn't read the text.
      Rebuilt 1981 XS1100 H
      My story

Comment

oh, I feel the need to add... you're an idiot.
        Rebuilt 1981 XS1100 H
        My story

Comment

thank you for calling me an idiot i love you too, were is top cat when i need him

i guess there is a freedom of speech and i respect your assessment of me , i call myself an imbecile sometimes, did i spell that right?

in watching the vdo closer, he was stopped, and he was not in the front were i, more often than not would be, unless there was a reason for me not to be.

he was stopped he said, next to an 18 wheeler, in the back behind at least 3 or 4 cars, cause i think the truck was at least that long 3 to five car lengths,

why would the hit and run driver pass him in the first place if there were cars in front of him of the bike, remember the light had just turned, cars stop at a light just do not get outa the way that fast, or maybe you don't know?

it was a clear shot for him to hit the bike, and keep going, obviously the bike was in the way, now if the bike was in front at the limit line and the light turned green, then why would

he be just right next to the rear wheels of the truck and not the front of the truck, that is my take on it, unless someone

see's the tape and can discribe to me in a calm tone why i am wrong.

my assessment stands... the guy was a squirlly hardley rider, bad that it happen, but it happens, i won't shed a tear.

since you are a name caller, i hope you don't make children, for the hypocracy you dispense, insofar as freedom of speech, or lack there of for me by you, should not be purpetuated via fatherhood.
          Last edited by mason79; 09-28-2007, 12:58 PM.
          History
          85 Yamaha FJ 1100
          79 yamaha xs1100f
          03 honda cbr 600 f4
          91 yamaha fzr 600
          84 yamaha fj 1100
          82 yamaha seca 750
          87 yamaha fazer
          86 yamaha maxim x
          82 yamaha vision
          78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Whatever dude. Your comments are sadly pathetic, and in my view you were acting like an idiot. I still think that fact, because you're still doing it. It's not name calling either, it's more about pointing out a character flaw.

You on the other hand seem to be all about judgement, and franky that sucks.

Good luck to you, and your life.
            Rebuilt 1981 XS1100 H
            My story

Comment

i see you are in love with the hardly rider
              History
              85 Yamaha FJ 1100
              79 yamaha xs1100f
              03 honda cbr 600 f4
              91 yamaha fzr 600
              84 yamaha fj 1100
              82 yamaha seca 750
              87 yamaha fazer
              86 yamaha maxim x
              82 yamaha vision
              78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

The tractor-trailer combo is no longer than 70 feet. He was dragged 30 ft. The truck is stopped what looks to be 10 ft from the intersection. This puts the accident about 110 ft or so from the intersection.
                The lane the rider was in goes straight and turns, both.
                Not defending anyone, could the bike have been sitting, hugging the left line (like splitting lanes) leaving room for a car to try to squeeze by? Since bikes squeeze by cars all the time (split lanes) then the cager would be used to being that close to bikes. Having ape-hangers, the bike would wobble a bit taking-off and could have veered slightly into the car (that was passing illegally).
                The car should have stopped.
                The bike should have (or may have been) using more of his lane.
                The truck driver should have been more aware of what was around him.
                Infinate number of shoulda, woulda, coulda. We weren't there and we have only one side of the story.
                Is the guy on the bike lying and he was passing the car instead of the other way around? Maybe he hit the car and is now covering his rear. The cager should have stopped regardless.

Makes me want to have a large sticker onthe back of my helmet saying I Have A Family, Don't Kill Me
                Pat Kelly
                <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
                1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
                2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
                1999 Suburban (The Ship)
                1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
                1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Originally posted by datter
                  oh, I feel the need to add... you're an idiot.
                  Now why did you have to respond like that? There was really no need for it. He wasn't talking about you...though he could have had a little more compassion for the rider.
                  Remember, BOTH of you...if you can't be civil and decent about this, all of your comments may go away. You're both entitled to your opinions, but if you have to resort to name calling, keep them to yourselves, or I will zap them in a heartbeat...

Comment

you do have a point, he might have lost it, splittin lanes, and fell over into the truck's path,

hardly's handle bad as it is, i want the best handleing outa my machine, that is why i went to all the trouble of rebuilding everything and used progressive front and rear, for safety, i know how it is out there

i don't think i'll put ape hanger's on my xs anytime soon, why make an iffie handler worse....
                    History
                    85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                    79 yamaha xs1100f
                    03 honda cbr 600 f4
                    91 yamaha fzr 600
                    84 yamaha fj 1100
                    82 yamaha seca 750
                    87 yamaha fazer
                    86 yamaha maxim x
                    82 yamaha vision
                    78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Originally posted by John

Now why did you have to respond like that? There was really no need for it. He wasn't talking about you...though he could have had a little more compassion for the rider.
                      Remember, BOTH of you...if you can't be civil and decent about this, all of your comments may go away. You're both entitled to your opinions, but if you have to resort to name calling, keep them to yourselves, or I will zap them in a heartbeat...
                      sorry john, i couldn't contain myself, i'm sorry, i like this place too much to be out of favor with the brass....
                      History
                      85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                      79 yamaha xs1100f
                      03 honda cbr 600 f4
                      91 yamaha fzr 600
                      84 yamaha fj 1100
                      82 yamaha seca 750
                      87 yamaha fazer
                      86 yamaha maxim x
                      82 yamaha vision
                      78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Wow!

That's bitter pill to swallow. Just goes to show that your life can change in a heartbeat.

I really feel bad for the guy.

Paul
                        1983 XJ1100 Maxim
                        1979 XS1100 Standard
                        1980 XS1100 Special

I'm not a motorcycle mechanic but I play one on the internet.

Comment

Bikes

What does it matter if he was on a harley ?
                          He was on two wheels and got hurt, hope yall have a little compassion for me when sumptin like that happens I have acted stupid on my bike at times but guess what thats a lot of agony no matter what was going on. Hope hes feeling better soon
                          Doug
                          Doug Mitchell
                          82 XJ1100 sold
                          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

yes i feel bad for the guy, i watch medical shows on tv quite a bit, things happen,

my father is in the "home" in a wheel chair,

my mom needs a knee operation,

my xs needs a steering damper, and i want to paint the engine black,

i may need a face lift in 10 years,

i may get hit by a car on my bike and you'll have your chance to laugh at me.

too bad for our young kids who die in iraq, or lose a limb or 2,
                            everyday this happens.

i'm sorry for all of it, i'm not making a mockery, i just don't know the guy, to me it just news, presented in a different manner, in which my empathy was not trigger beyond my norm, like it did yours.
                            History
                            85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                            79 yamaha xs1100f
                            03 honda cbr 600 f4
                            91 yamaha fzr 600
                            84 yamaha fj 1100
                            82 yamaha seca 750
                            87 yamaha fazer
                            86 yamaha maxim x
                            82 yamaha vision
                            78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

ok fair enough. My idiot comment may have been a bit much.

In my opinion you (mason) were coming off like a... really insensitive person... thus my idiot comment. This of course, is the internet so I guess I shouldn't expect much and in the end, what does it matter anyway.

The point of all this was to remind everyone out there to be careful, that's all.
                              Rebuilt 1981 XS1100 H
                              My story

Comment

Working...
                              X