No announcement yet.

Just back from a HD ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point in their lives... the questions are getting MUCH more difficult to answer...
    Like, "Mom, why do the boys at school have a fascination for twin girls??" LOL... Can I be there when you answer that one??

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Harlys, pictures and 110K

Thought I would respond to these three issues. Just went to the annual oyster run. Estimated to have over 17,000 bikes in Annacortes WA for this event. I can tell you the overwhelming theme seems to be Harlys, but all motorcycles were well represented. At least six custom bike manufacturers had V twin customs on display. A racing group "Mr. mph" or something like that, had a turbo charged, fuel injected, nitro burning V twin. They fired it up and all the the noise from all the thumper v twins was suddenly silenced (and they were still riding down the lane). You could hear and feel that racing motor three blocks away.

Harly point here is it's the sound they make and the way they look.

I took lots of pictures at the oyster run (and yes I even got a few pics of babes) (No speedo clad boys) but did get pics of the Seattle Cassacks a stunt motorcycle group, and will be posting them as soon as I can and provide a link so anyone interested can check it out

Had a great day and met 4 XS owners 2 Toms a John and a Bob. Bob said he had an xs he was working on that had been stored for 10 years with only 12k on it and was having carb troubles so he rode up from Idaho on a 79 special that has 110K on it with no major overhaul or rebuild! Wow they do keep on going.
      80XS1100G (Ebaybe) Whidbey Island, WA
      Lightning of 4 is better than thunder of 2.
      I always wanted a Harley. Not anymore! XS11 rules!

Comment

Wildcat...

I will see your men-in-speedo's and raise you men-in-slings.

Those sling bathers make speedos look almost attractive...

**shudder**

Comment

You wanna see something really scary? Ever been to Blacks Beach in San Diego? It is a swimsuit optional beach, and it seems like all the diry old men, and flashers in town would hang out there and oogle the women. Quite a few older women would go there too. Talk about a 'buzz' kill!

Comment

[QUOTE]it seems like all the diry old men, and flashers in town would hang out there and oogle the women.QUOTE]

So... which were you? The dirty old man, or the town flasher??

Tod
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Aye....

I was just a mere lad of 20 when I was known to frequent that locale, but I'd be lying if I said I was just there for the surf.

Comment

Originally posted by John
                You wanna see something really scary? Ever been to Blacks Beach in San Diego? It is a swimsuit optional beach, and it seems like all the diry old men, and flashers in town would hang out there and oogle the women. Quite a few older women would go there too. Talk about a 'buzz' kill!
                Being that Blacks Beach is just across the way from San Diego State University, this is not always the case. I think you always will have your "dirty old men" at any clothing optional beach, but last time I was there, several years ago in the spring, there was a decent, ahem, diversity.

Court TV has a seiries called "Beach Patrol." Kind of a COPS but at beaches. One season was in San Diego and they occasionally had to patrol Blacks Beach.
                1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Of course you would be...

but I'd be lying if I said I was just there for the surf
                  everyone knows the only reason to go to Blacks is to watch the hang gliders...

Those sling bathers make speedos look almost attractive...
                  Oh man! Thanks ever so much for THAT visual...
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Working...
                  X