How to add pix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add pix?

I see ppl adding pix of their bikes and I would like to show mine as well.I have some pix already on my computer but I cant figure out how to upload them.I see the button that is labeled IMG in the new post thread section but when I click on it...it says to enter text to be formatted and starts with //http:so how do I browse my computer to select the pix I want
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Hey Max, don't get Mad!

If I might direct you to THIS TECH TIP in the HOW TO FORUM , you'll learn about what is needed to post photos!

There's lots of info here on the site, just have to take a little time to look around! Saw your intro, welcome, and I'm sure we'll be able to provide some words of whit and wisdom for you!

I'm mostly the caretaker around here, but I do have a little knowledge as well, but if I don't know something I'm quick to say so, and suggest others who might be able to assist!
    T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

T.C. I Thankyou sir...appreciate the timely manner in which ppl respond to my posts.I really like this forum and am surprised I never knew abt it all these yrsI will check into the how to stuff...thanks for the link....
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Pic must be loaded somewhere else, and then carried here.
        Most people use Photobucket to save stuff, as it's free.
        Load your pics to Photobucket.
        Underneath your pics there will be three "address" sections. Highlight the third one, the one that starts with IMG(I think).
        Highlight and copy.
        Paste this url address in the appropriate spot for images when this site asks for it.
        I used to post pics of me here... till other members asked me to stop. Nudes, mostly.
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

"Thanks again, T.C...."

...For typing so quickly (Four minutes earlier)and stealing my thunder

Comment

Jeeez still confused definitely different way to go than some other forums I am on..so this will take some time to figure out...I am gonna fire up the Max and go for a ride
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Saves space, as then this site doesn't have to hold all the pics.

Comment

Re: "Thanks again, T.C...."

Originally posted by prometheus578
                ...For typing so quickly (Four minutes earlier)and stealing my thunder
                Well, I have to make up for my slow minded witt somehow!
                Did you ever get your faster computer and internet connection hooked up and working yet?! But your explanation was spot on, and I'm sure it provided a great 'mental' picture for him!

Hey MadMax, yeah, we were on the Yahoo groups a little over 5 years ago, but then came to the WEB around 2002, so you've got some catching up to do!
                T.C.
                T. C. Gresham
                81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                History shows again and again,
                How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

"computer woes..."

Yeah, I bought three new computers. The ones for my son and brother work fine...
                  Mine.. I don't want to discuss. But on a brighter note, Dell sent a box yesterday so I can ship it back for repair, or whatever.
                  Yeah, I thought of sneakily swapping mine for one of the others and not saying anything...
                  Had to get cable hook up, as phone company lines can't deal with it.
                  Haven't had much time to be "on site" lately. House painting, yard landscaping... all the things the unemployed do now that they have the time.
                  I only mention this... as I know how much my life interests people.

Comment

ok I did it..if you look in the XS/XJ1100 Discussion forum I added a thread "my photobucket pix" so go have a gawk or two
                    1980 XS650G Special-Two
                    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                    X