No announcement yet.

Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has it REALLY taken this long for one of the greatest rock bands ever to be mentioned (and by a "kid" no less), AC/DC!

Yes, even some of us "younguns" can appreciate good classic music
    1981 XS1100S (former)
    2006 Suzuki Katana 600 "BLKMGE"

Comment

Blkmage
      Only saw them once........I was wondering if the lead singer could talk after a show!!!!!!!not the original guy but the second lead singer. He put it on the line.....no if ands or butts,great show but now days,keep this to your self I wear ear plugs:-) If it's too loud you're too damn old!!!!!!!!! Too many great bands to mention.......can't think of any new bands today..Boyz into Men,Britney Spears,Timberlake or something like that........that will be still kicking butt 30 years later. Give me that old time rock and roll.The rock and roll rebels are riding tonite,cruising till the daylight again,yes they are rockin' this town for the time of their lives wishin' this night'd never end!!!!!!!!!!!!
      '80 XS1100 SG
      Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

Wolf, I can see a few recent groups that either have been here for a while or will continue for a while. I actually have a floor ticket to see Korn in concert this Saturday, though I know that's a bit too "hard" for a few people here . But they are few and far between.

And it's not just the new bands either, it's the ignorant kids. I see all these kids running around with patched jackets they bought at Hot Topic that make me sick because they don't know the true spirit of Punk. Anyways, that's my 2 cents on the subject.
        1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

My $.02

I listen to alot of bands and many styles of music, but The Grateful Dead is nearest and dearest to my heart! I saw them over 80 times Twice with my wife (once as friends & the last show when we were dating).

Also, let me add a shameless plug. My wife runs a music magazine "Babble and Beat". Check it out if you like that sort of thing. It is more alternative & ...

http://www.babbleandbeat.com/

We are everywhere!

Dave
          Dave
          1979 XS1100SF Special

Comment

Iron Maiden, Iron Butterfly, Herman and the Hermits, Peter Frampton, Earth Wind and Fire, Harry Chapin, The Diamonds, Ozzy, Ted Nugent, Cheap Trick, Don Mclean, Rolling Stones, ELO, BTO, 3 Dog Night, and on and on and on.
            Most everything from late 50's thru the early 80's. Never liked C&W.
            Pat Kelly
            <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
            1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
            2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
            1999 Suburban (The Ship)
            1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
            1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

I hadn't even been thinking newer bands...

but if we start talking current bands that will continue to rock for a few years... my vote goes to Nickelback, Green Day (American Idiot is most awesome) and Metallica (the newer stuff... I don't see Master of Puppets living on forever)

AC/DC is definitely right up there... SOOO many great bands... so little time...
              81 SH Something Special
              81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
              81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
              80 LG Black Magic
              78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
              For those on FB

Comment

BLKMAGE, one of my employees,45year old mother of two loves KORN,I enjoy it also,don't own an album tho. CJSS a local Cincinnati metal group made it on M TV for awhile,got their vinyl,don't know if they are still around.
                '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

http://wc10.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?...z4tk6su9krk~T3 Did a quick search on CJSS..listened to a couple of the teasers, gotta find my vinyl and dust them off and see if the old record player still works!!!!!!!!!
                  '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Even though I mentioned Cream and Skynyrd on the other thread..(still 2 of my personal favorites) I still have to say as far as "bands" go the all time number one still has to be The Beatles. There will never be another one like them. Every time people would think they were washed up...they'd recreate themselves with something new and amazing! It was actually because of them that I started playing guitar when I was 12. And that was 1965!...And still playing!
                    XS 1100 LG

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Kelly
                      Iron Maiden, Iron Butterfly, Herman and the Hermits, Peter Frampton, //Mclean, Stones, ELO, BTO, 3 Dog Night, and on and on and on.
                      Most everything from late 50's thru the early 80's. Never liked C&W.
                      Yea! "I second that emotion..."
                      1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
                      1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
                      1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
                      1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
                      2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Re: I hadn't even been thinking newer bands...

Originally posted by Wildkat
                        AC/DC is definitely right up there... SOOO many great bands... so little time...
                        Aha WildKat, your Gay Man Side is showing!! And I would have thought that Stralya or some other DownUnder would have mentioned one of their favorite sons/bands also? Of course we all know that they are the theme band for the Midnight Night Specials....Back in Black!

Yes, Gtrmn, I'll vote for the Beatles as well! You're about 5 years ahead of me, I'm a late Baby Boomer, but still a BOOMER!

They're broke up now, but I thought that Pearl Jam was a very good Old School Style rock and roll band in the newer era!

Never liked C&W.
                        I still get a chuckle thinking about that scene in the Blues Bros movie,..."yeah, we got both kinds of music, COUNTRY and WESTERN!"

T.C.
                        T. C. Gresham
                        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                        History shows again and again,
                        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hear ya go Ladies and fcker's, this guy died 27 years ago today:

Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Chile, live
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22eubaCUNJU

Comment

Originally posted by GNEPIG
                            Hear ya go Ladies and fcker's, this guy died 27 years ago today:

Jimi Hendrix, Voodoo Chile, live
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22eubaCUNJU
                            All the good ones go so young
                            1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
                            1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
                            1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
                            1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
                            2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

Re: Re: I hadn't even been thinking newer bands...

Originally posted by TopCatGr58

I still get a chuckle thinking about that scene in the Blues Bros movie,..."yeah, we got both kinds of music, COUNTRY and WESTERN!"

T.C.
                              "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses."

Yea, even the XS Specials can do that, the old Cadi BETTER be able to
                              1981 XS1100S (former)

Comment

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/C...ampaign=070919 GENPIG,saw this if you haven't already.
                                '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Working...
                                X