Bands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bands

Had to start new thread,, sorry bout robbing other thread,,, gtateful dead may they rest in peace???? Cream Skynerd G.F.R . Alice,,,Sabath,,,New Tiders of Purple Sage? country?? Mel,, names escape me now that I want to know ??????How bout Z Z TOP La Grange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C'mom Texas radio station played nothing but gold bud or as we called it gumbo

Hey!!! my boys STEPPENWOLF,Moody Blues,Uriah Heap,Deep Purplle,Krokus,Buffalo Springfield,Grand Funk,Iron Butterfly,Blondie,Heart,CJSS,Giant,Dokin,CW Mc Call,Merle,Waylon.......good golly the list could go on,Willie and the boys, but I can't get into rap and disco gave me serious heart burn but the Bee Gees did have a few catchy tunes and Donna Summers Hot Stuff..yeah baby. I could even listen to Kraftwerk...fun fun on the Autobohn...the list could really go on:-)
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

Comment

bands

Steppewolf,, how couuld I forget so many so foggy Bto so many so hazy yikes you tube lately got to dig out cd's party on!!!!!!

Comment

BTO, yeah I always liked Blue Collar...lots of good old bands out there that will stay with you. The newer groups do one hit wonders and can't even remember their names. I gotta admit that some of the christian groups kick some serious asz and I enjoy the music.
        '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Dang

Thought I clicked the old guy thread by mistake!

First concert I ever went to was the Dead with the New Riders.
          It was also the best one I ever went to.
          Saw ZZ Top right after "First Album" came out. They were the backup band for Black Oak Arkansas or somebody.
          XS1100SF
          XS1100F

Comment

STEPPENWOLF recalls...
            Hey!!! my boys STEPPENWOLF,Moody Blues,Uriah Heap,Deep Purple,Krokus,Buffalo Springfield,Grand Funk,Iron Butterfly...//...the list could really go on:-)
            WW!!! Somebody else as old as me born from the roots of Rock and nourished on the hits of Roll... but let us not forget Jimi, The Doors, Cream, The Who Janice, the Stones, Boston, Chicago and, well, you get the picture.
            Rock n Roll baby, Rock n Roll... on the soul of an XS11... Rockin' on the road to Heaven
            1980 XS11 LG (Diablo)
            1980 XS11 G (Bagger)
            1978 XS11 G (White Knight)
            1978 XS11 G (Skeleton)
            2016 SS (S.S. Flyer)

Comment

1st concert

about 1964 (got to tag along with my older brother and sis)
              Yard Birds at Avalon, Catalina Island
              Near end of the sixties we had moved back to Bay Area.
              About three miles from my house was a place calles Frenchies.
              Before they were "BIG" a lot of bands played there.
              Hendrix, Iron Buttery Fly, John Fogerty etc..(was the place for them to get noticed at the time) and now and then someone who had already made it would join in for a song or two with one of the bands playing.

mro

Comment

(Son of) Drum Roll please!

And the news is...

The one, the only Led Zeppelin will be re-forming for a concert in England, 02 Arena, November 26, 2007

But who's playing drums?

A Bloke by the name of Bonham!

Yep, his son.

I'd give my left nut to see them live once more before I die.

Dan
                (Left nut for sale)
                Last edited by Stralya; 09-14-2007, 03:23 AM.
                Automotive Imbecile.
                Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Zeppelin

Hell ya can have both of Mine they just hang around N E More I would LIke to see them TOOO!!!!! Is that OK Mod's???? Sorry if not and strike clean if not

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8nEJ2BdJhM
                    Did I do this right is the question,one show left till retirement.
                    '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

So many good bands already named...

but for making playing the flute sound cool for the last 40 years...
                      Jethro Tull

Sorry Stralya... if it was the right one... I'd make an offer...

Should be one heck of a concert though... John and I were able to see the Plant Page tour when it came around... VERY cool... but still not quite the same...
                      81 SH Something Special
                      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                      80 LG Black Magic
                      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                      For those on FB

Comment

After getting rear ended and not noticing, I think I'm swearing off the tunes while riding...for awhile.

Maybe for longer trips.
                        1981 XS1100SH

Comment

how about Little Feat and Bonnie Raitte?
                          1980 XS1100SG

“You start the game with a full pot o’ luck and an empty pot o’ experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you empty the pot of luck.”

Only a Biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Comment

rock on!

I was a teenager in the 70's and loved and still do Boston,Styx,Moody Blues,(saw them 3 years ago in Syracuse NY,still awesome) Foriener,BTO,Blue Oyster Cult,REO Speedwagon, Sabbath with DIO.In the 80's was into the "hair Bands",In the 90's,the grunge bands.Now I look across the pond for new music.After Forever, Nightwish,Therion are now my new favorites.Could never stand rap music and I appreciate older Country music.

Comment

Xsilerating....yuppers we grew up in a special era,long hair,peace,love dove:-)Spooky Tooth,Cher,Lemon Pipers and the list goes on. I found I liked Steppenwolf way back in 68,not saying the best music but I have had fun with the group and other fans over the years. The lead singer John Kay,still is(63)wore dark glasses because he had an adversion to bright lights,but the last couple of years has been able to play without them. Color blind also,and legally blind,has never ridden(as the driver) a motorcycle. The drummer( Ron) has a really nice HOG,white with Wolf stuff on it, got a couple of 35mm pics but no scanner,I might be able to find a pic on line. Those were the days my friends and we thought they would never end!!!!
                              '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Working...
                              X