The Bargain Basement Bag Lady

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bargain Basement Bag Lady

2 recent attempts to acquire one more XS had gone... well... not as planned...
    Neither were worth the amounts being asked (which really wasn't much) and they would require extensive rehabilitation to make them road worthy...
    Today, we went and looked at an SG with 50,000 miles... a full dresser that is in pretty decent condition (broken windshield) with badges that are immaculate... Everything looks pretty good and the guy said he got the engine to turn over earlier in the week (there was no battery, so we didn't try it) So for $500, we are getting a bike that is twice what the other two were... for less money...
    The seller even threw in a birdcage for our starling.... and on top of everything... it was a beautiful day to ride out to see it!

This also settles the debate John and I have had regarding Something Special... Something Special will be mine and the BBBL will be our second bike... There's even been talk about me maybe... possibly (probably not) selling the FJ to make room for the newest addition to the stable...
    This XSive thing... really is...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

You could sell me those spaghetti pipes

To make room!
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

congrats

Congrats J&W,, but you should have checked mine out!! Nekid of course but the EXtra seat and backrest plus baby windshield (cafee sort not on ) Plus Mistress Red,, no need to say more.. Bidding on job in Nebraska , Blair but won't be able to make the run in Oct. but who knows later Happy trails

Comment

SWEET DEAL!!!

im excited for you guys

Comment

Re: You could sell me those spaghetti pipes

Originally posted by oseaghdha
          To make room!
          What?? Sell my'Sgetti' pipes. Preposterous!

Comment

Re: congrats

Originally posted by trukleon
            Congrats J&W,, but you should have checked mine out!! Nekid of course but the EXtra seat and backrest plus baby windshield (cafee sort not on ) Plus Mistress Red,, no need to say more.. Bidding on job in Nebraska , Blair but won't be able to make the run in Oct. but who knows later Happy trails
            Well, truk...Frisco Tx is only 40 miles away, and you live way up there...

Comment

Distance

Yup LLLLLLLLLLLonnnnnngggg Ways from Texas,, Air Force 75

Comment

Weather

On a different note weather is it warm enough to ride somewhere around there in winter months??? Had my 8& 10 year old on christmas 20006 cold but we just went for a couple miles I had to button my coat 15 below ,,,,but xsive they loved it (so did I tires burn easy in cold)

Comment

John & Kat have looked at 3 in 2 weeks... I have seen NONE anywhere near here to look at. XSChop... you sellin anything yet??

Tod
                  Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                  '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                  '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100
                  *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Re: Weather

Originally posted by trukleon
                    On a different note weather is it warm enough to ride somewhere around there in winter months??? Had my 8& 10 year old on christmas 20006 cold but we just went for a couple miles I had to button my coat 15 below ,,,,but xsive they loved it (so did I tires burn easy in cold)
                    The usual winter temps are in 30-50's. I will go out in mid 40's, but nothing any colder. I have a whole herd's worth of leather garments to help stay warm.

Comment

Temps

Might have to truck it down there sis's been after me to come down for last couple years,,,says the women are friendly (till they seee me lol)

Comment

Y'all come on down!

Comment

Congrats on the find! I never see any for sale around here. Never see any at all, in fact. Had to drive to Indiana just to get my 400!

Every now and then I'll see an older Honda CB or something, but rarely any older Yammys. Just crotch rockets and the myriad of Harleys and their clones...blah.
                          80 XS1100SG
                          81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

So let me get this straight. You find a pretty decent buy on an XS, but it is the thrown-in birdcage that clinches the deal? That makes up somehow for the busted windshield? Sure sounds XSentric to me.

BTW - where's the pics?
                            Ken Talbot

Comment

You have a pet Starling?
                              We shoot 'em here...

Dan
                              Automotive Imbecile.
                              Proud owner of 'The Swiftcicle'. (Swifty for short)
                              '78E Full Vetter Dresser.
                              1196 Big Bore Kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X