Crunch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunch!

Well, Christmas did not treat me so well this year. First The Dragon knocked over, and then this on Christmas Eve.

Friggen red-light runners!

It was only by a whim that I was in the truck and not on the Valkyrie.

Ouch!

For the rest of the Story

CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer

CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Glad you came through OK! (Well, mostly OK....)

Your comment on the iinevitability of the crash is right on the money.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Intersectional crunches

Danny,

Juuusssst missed one of those last Thursday on the way home from work. I was in the left-most left turn lane (of two) first car out when my arrow went green. I looked left then right as I began to move my foot from brake to gas pedal. About fifty yards back from the intersection south-bound a small car was moving (and didn't appear to be slowing). I hesitated in my acceleration, although the car began to drift forward at idle speed. I saw the car's wheels pass the limit line and spiked my brakes. The car came through the red crossing inches from my front fender. Driver was of female persuasion (on a cel' 'phone). I shook my head and continued on heading home for an underwear check.

Anent arm injuries from airbag deployment: I read some where that we should all adopt the style of Juan Manual Fangio, one of the best drivers ever, and drive with both hands down near the six-o'clock position. An expanding airbag will then not blow our arms back into our faces or outward for a secondary impact. Force of will has now made this almost second nature to me now and I'm trying to get my wife and daughter to emulate the practice.

Good luck,
      Ralph

Comment

Wow Danny, I'm sure glad to hear your ok.
        Sorry bout the pickup, I know it was a great truck. Let us know what happens with it.

My prayers are with you friend.
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Maybe its time for a new chevy duramax-- My parents picked one up and they love it-quiet, powerful, and decent milage...

the allison trans. it comes with is getting pretty good reviews too

one pic of our's with the trailor
          Last edited by procamper; 12-29-2002, 07:20 PM.
          79ish suzuki rm250
          82 honda cb450sc
          78 honda cx500
          72 honda cb175
          78 yamaha xs11e

Comment

Nice Christmas present, huh?

Seriously, I'm glad you're ok Danny.

It's too bad, but looking out for the drivers who AREN'T paying attention or are driving impaired is job #1 for me, especially while riding.

I'm glad it's the truck and not your legs or your life...

Like I always say, if they had to drive with their feet on the bumper and their butt on the hood, they'd pay a helluva lot more attention.

Dave

Comment

Yep, I walked away, so life is good. Got the accident report today. Fault is no problem, the report is clear, and he actually has insurance. Should get things going shortly.

I am sore (hurt) and sore (pissed) but I walked away. Life is good.
              CUAgain,
              Daniel Meyer

Comment

Big Iron--The Sequel

Picked up my new (to me) replacement truck for the one that got killed Christmas eve.

1997, low miles, V-10 engine, 4x4, 3/4 ton. Very nice machine!

For the whole story
                CUAgain,
                Daniel Meyer

Comment

is that the one with the motorcycle engine? seriouslly tho its good to see something like this end up ok.you should have used up all your bad luck for the next year
                  mick
                  xs1.1s(x2)
                  gsxr1100(1127)
                  gsx1100g(x2)
                  trophy900
                  bonneville750

http://www.tonyfoale.com/

Comment

Glad to hear your truckin' again Danny. Even thou your now a gasser! Oh well thats ok, I'll still ride with ya. LOL
                    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
                    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Danny, glad to see you got another Dodge... after having the best before I would hate to see you have to put up with something inferior.
                      Brian
                      1978E Midlife Crisis - A work in progress
                      1984 Kawasaki 550 Ltd - Gone, but not forgotten

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
                      remembering the same thing!

Comment

Working...
                      X