No announcement yet.

need new gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TC, I could never cut the fingers off my mechanic's gloves for several reasons. First, they are my transitional gloves, good for maybe 45 degrees to 70 degrees F. They were a gift from a good friend, and they are the real deal when skinning deer. Plus, the fingerless gloves I normally wear always make you look like a bouncer when you are walking into an establishment which purveys adult beverages and you slowly and deliberateltly peel them off as you evaluate any potential threats. And, by the way, they are comfortable.
    80 G "The Beast"
    81 H "The Dresser"
    79 XS650 II
    82 650 Maxim
    70 DT-1 Enduro
    66 Honda CL-77 Scrambler
    96 H-D Road King

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Comment

Hey John,

I was shopping Wally world yesterday, and if you'll go to the auto section and then their newer motorcycle subsection, you'll find your fingerless gloves on a rack for about $15.00. They are black leather and such, don't know how well the leather is cured/tanned, so don't know if they will bleed on you? I know that when I've dyed some fabrics, that I was told to wash them in salt water afterwards, allegedly helps to seal/lock in the dye into the fabric, might work with the gloves as well...makes sense to me....there's salt in our sweat that may be why they leach to begin with!?
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
      X