Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In CA for 3 days... What to do??

Howdy all-
    I'm in a library in Fresno. A buddy and I just got done hiking the High Sierra Trail (pics to follow eventually), finished early, and we're looking for suggestions of things to do until I catch my flight on Thursday.

We're heading toward the coast. Probably San Diego/ Santa Cruz/ San Fransisco area. Does anyone have suggestions of what to do or see while out here??

Also, would any kind soul living in Fresno, have a driveway available in which we could park on Wed night/Thursday morning? Don't even need a couch or a backyard, just a friendly piece of ground about 8'x20'.

I'll be here for another 45 minutes or so, and will check in as I can find internet. TIA.

-Erik
    -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
    '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
    ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

You'll cover a lot of miles to get down here to sunny San Diego, but you're more than welcome to come and enjoy our awsome beaches, Sea World, the Zoo, Balboa Park, the Gaslamp Quarter downtown, Petco Park for a Padre's game, etc.
    Hi...my name is Mike, and I'm a lane-splitter.
    '80 XS1100SG (mine)
    '87 CMX450C Rebel (daughter's first bike)

Comment

I'm in Modesto, 100 miles north of Fresno. There are two XSives here (also one in Fresno but I don't know if he's on this list).
      My driveway is full but you can park in front of my house.
      Not much to do here locally but there is Yosemite (wait, you just came from there), and the San Fran/bay area is west of here. I avoid the bay area as it is a 70 mile, 5 hour drive. Traffic is horrible.
      Let me know if I can help:
      Pat Kelly
      (209) 578-0272

I just started school so I'm not home from 0600 to 1600 hrs.
      Pat Kelly
      <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
      1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
      2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
      1999 Suburban (The Ship)
      1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
      1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

That is kinda funny. I just got back from the east side of the Sierras yesterday.
        '81 XS1100 SH

Melted to the ground during The Valley Fire

Sep. 12th 2015

RIP

Comment

I might be able to help you there...what are you parking?
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Eric,
            I'm in the Santa Cruz area. I can find a place for you to park, so come on down!
            If need be, send me a PM, or give me a call.
            Ray Matteis
            KE6NHG
            XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
            XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Umm, yeah. I looked at a map a little closer after I finished yesterday. San Diego is indeed way the heck out of the way.

We're in Monterey now, and plan on heading up toward Santa Cruz. Ray, will send a PM here shortly.

LoHo, it's just a '98 Sonoma. Covered box, so we just throw sleeping pads and bags in the back and it's all good. Last night was spent at a pull-off on Hwy 1, with heads ~5' from a cliff and the waves crashing below. If you do have some space for such a gong show, that'd make our lives a lot easier come Thursday morning.

Pat, thank you. It's a bit far, but I will definitely call if that's looking like the closest.

This has got to be the best forum (and crew) ever. Seriously.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
              '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

You could join a PARADE!!!
                79 XS1100F "JINGUS"
                07 V-star 1100
                Do you want it done right or do you want me to do it?

Comment

We're out of the house by 8:00 in the morning, but you guys are welcome to squat here. Let me know...559-288-1823. Oh, and call yourself Eric the Red so I know who it is. When's the plane leave?
                  "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Awesome! Thanks LoHo. I'll give you a call here in a bit. Plane leaves 11 am, I think, so we'd probably jet by around 8 or 9.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
                    '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"

Comment

Working...
                    X