Yamaha Ventura Royal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Ventura Royal

Saw one of these the other day,I always liked them, never rode one or really looked at them in detail.Anybody ever have one or still rides one now? Have not followed up if they have a web site,last search I did just turned up all advertisers and I gave up.
    I will not sell my 1100 but I wouldn't mind looking at a Ventura(don't even know if I have the model name right) just because and I don't know why.I will not own a Goldwing....I am very brand loyal to Yamaha..Why? Chevy/Ford thing I suppose.
    This is the lounge and normaly I would say throw another log on the fire but.....turn the ac down a notch this time of the year.
    '80 XS1100 SG
    Don't let the good times pass you by..grab all you can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Z4cjUlIo4

AC? It;s freezing up here...

It's called a Venture Royale

The first Venture's (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) were XS1100's with the Venture(r)? package on them. They had the now famous inline 4 cylinder engines.

The Venture Royales started in 1983, If I remember correctly, and used a version of the V-max V-4 engines that they still use today.

The Royales died out in 1993 or so, and then it went back to being a Venture for a bit, and now it's non-existant, although a freind of mine swears he took one for a test drive a couple weeks ago at a Yamaha customer appreciation day.
    Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
    '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Crazcnuck

All true what you posted XSept...

There is new version of it...the Royal Star Venture. It employees a 1300 cc V-Max engine of sorts. Peak HP is 97 at 6000 rpm...peak torque is 89 at 4750 rpm.

However a stock RSV makes about 76 hp at the wheel (similar to a stock 1100). XSept a stock Eleven will run circles around this "Touring V-Max" with a dry weight of 807 lbs.

Comment

Right, the freind of mine that took one for a ride has a 2005 Royal Star with the same engine in it. It's also over 800lbs.

He had his dynoed at that Yamaha function (wish my XS was together, I would have went with him!) It was 82 at the back wheel. He has Bub pipes, K&N air filter and that's about it.
        Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
        '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Royal

Great bike in thier day, would do 200 klm ph. The crotch rocket of touring bikes but top heavy. I actually hit second hard with mine and pulled the front wheel up . Great highway bike putting out 108 hp. and about 40+ mpg. But the electrical system is huge dont fiddle with it unless ur a guru. My wife kept falling asleep on the back . Great old bikes but top heavy and not for ppl with short legs like me
          Doug
          Doug Mitchell
          82 XJ1100 sold
          2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
          2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
          1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
          47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Thanks CRAZ for the correct spelling,found their web site. If it is half as informative as this one I will have information over load:-)
            Thanks..Bill
            '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/XV_Cruisers/

http://www.venturrider.org

those two.........

my first post died....... so try two

great bike....... my dad had one of these too..... very fast and smooth but not as quick as the 'Leven !

there are three generations of them (excluding ours) and yessir..... the XS11 was originally called the venture. not venture royale......

they can usually be found in decent shape for around 2 grand... great shape coming in close to 5 / the first generation 83-85 cost at the showroom close to 9 if you got every option available.... which of course he did..

And yes it was released before the V-Max much in the same way as the XS11 Standard then special.....

And in the same way as Dad got the first 11 at the local shop, he got the first XVZ12 that showed its face also....

Now.... gen 2 was a little bit different 50% more luggage capacity.... alittle higher / I forget.... but had a 1300 instead of 12 / that one was 86-93

no models from 94 to 98

gen 3 is what's out there right now...

They went to the retro / I wanna be a Harley / look so I lost interest....... the first one I checked out was a beautiful dark shade of red and came in at 16,500 fully loaded...... and still had the stereo that increased volume as the sounds around you did, just like the 83.

That's about all I can think of that nobody else has mentioned.......

sorry for the long winded post
              Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
              S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
              1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

Not long winded...very informative! Thanks Man!!
                "Rat Rod"
                79 XS1100 Standard
                87 VMAX cans
                Cheap Japanese Tires
                Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
                Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
                Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Thanks Dale 1,nice ifo. Haven't been to a Yamaha dealer in20 years,take my bike to a local independent guy. Does Yamaha even make a decent road bike now days?I am so out of touch with the current bikes that they all look the same or is it just me.
                  '80 XS1100 SG

Comment

Working...
                  X