Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Santa got me a new bike, but he's been riding it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa got me a new bike, but he's been riding it!

Santa must have known I wanted a new bike (don't we all) so he picked one up for me , now the fat lump has already worn off a set of tires! Maybe next year............

Check out the site at :
    http://www.route125.com/125/santa/santa.htm
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Sure it just isn't Jim Scott on a new set of wheels?
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

sixtysix,

Are those brake wheelies (Santa's doing one) possible? A friend of mine sent me a short video showing several guys doing these in a group. One guy gets too high and goes over crashing into one of the other bikes. I thought that maybe it was a hoax. My dirt bikes never seem to stand on the front wheel for more than a second without depositing me on the ground.
      #1 ’79 XS11 Special
      #2 ’79 XS11 Special
      '97 V-Max
      '01 Dyna T-Sport

Comment

Technically the trick you are refering to is a STOPPIE, and no it's not a hoax, they are very possible. I even did one in my MSF course, the instructor asked my to stop as fast as I could from 25 MPH in a large box taped off on the ground. I was riding the Bandit and I told him to pick the exact spot, and I did a nice stoppie for him. He was not impressed and asked me to stop as fast as I could a little slower next time!

This guy is on another list that I am, his screen name is Wicked Speed and he is a master of the stoppie:

Several sites have instruction on how to do it:
        http://www.geocities.com/asianbikers/stoppie.htm
        http://www.apic.net/~bev/bikes.html#stoppies

MY ADVICE IS NOT TOO EVEN TRY THIS ON AN XS, TOO HEAVY, BRAKES SUCK, TIRES NOT ENOUGH GRIP! FRONT TIRE WILL SKID AND YOU WILL DUMP THE BIKE.
        Gary Granger
        Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
        2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Stoppies on XS/XJ

Yeah Gary, the Bandit will stoppie almost too easily

On 3 occasions I did semi-stoppies on my XJ, all in avoidance mode, 'semi' because the rear wheel came up only about a foot at most. I didn't lock/skid the front wheel. Didn't care for the feeling of the heavy bike setting it's rear end back down.
          Mike * Seattle * 82 F'n'XJ1100 *

Comment

GARY G!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calling SANTA a FAT LUMP!!!!!!! and you wonder why there is so much snow in your driveway.

[SIZE=3]HO, HO, HO [/SIZE] (Santa sarcasm).

I'm going to have to watch you more closely in 2003!
            Santa Jim
            79 XS11SF
            79 GL100
            83 GL1100 I

Comment

Stoppie and xs spell TROUBLE for sure....Stop a little slower LOL, I bet your MSF Instructor was impressed. I am a little cautious when applying the 6 pod Bandit brakes also those stoppies can get ya!!! Santa sure can ride

Shack
              Shack
              79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
              2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
              Oct 02
              2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
              3176 miles

Comment

MSF stoppie's

HUH, thought I was the only one to pull off a MSF stoppie. . .

I took the 250 super sherpa (kawasaki Dual purpose bike) and during the 'brake during the curve' exercise, the instructer signaled to straighten up and stop, so I did. However, I proceded to do my very first stoppie about three feet in front of the instructer. Scared the living c**p outa myself...
                79ish suzuki rm250
                82 honda cb450sc
                78 honda cx500
                72 honda cb175
                78 yamaha xs11e

Comment

Working...
                X