Too hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too hot

I parked mine this week; it's too hot...100 plus degrees here yesterday and today. Lots of 90 plus days in a row with way too much humidity. My poor lil brain is already cooked from the old days. I find that I can tolerate the cold riding better than days like these...Anyone else park when it gets like this?
    "If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut." - Albert Einstein

"Illegitimi non carborundum"-Joseph W. "Vinegar Joe" Stilwell

1980 LG
    1981 LH

LOL .. here in Ottawa I could be so lucky to have a string of hot day back to back. The temp still falls to about 68 to 73 degrees here every night.
    Rob
    KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
    1978 XS500E
    1979 XS1100F Restored
    1980 XS1100 SG
    1981 Suzuki GS1100
    1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
    1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

In Phoenix, I wore a leather jacket, gloves and a full face helmet just to keep from getting wind burn.
      The air over the asphalt was probably 140+ on a hot day, and damned uncomfortable on bare skin.

Not bad up here though. Now I have a vented jacket. If it gets too hot, I can soak my shirt first. It's like A/C.

Shorter answer: no.
      XS1100SF
      XS1100F

Comment

No, just grin and bear it (and maybe twist a little harder on the throttle).
        Harry

The voices in my head are giving me the silent treatment.

'79 Standard
        '82 XJ1100
        '84 FJ1100

Acta Non Verba

Comment

No way man

Haven't parked it since I got it...1680 miles thus far and still cruisin...our summers are short and time to ride is golden...
          "Rat Rod"
          79 XS1100 Standard
          87 VMAX cans
          Cheap Japanese Tires
          Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
          Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
          Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

heat wave

Sorry to hear about your heat wave. Here in the shadow of the Olympic mountains and the cool breeze off the strait our temps. run between 65 and 79 degrees so we don't have that problem,but growing up in a hot area I can sympathize with you.
            Fastmover
            "Just plant us in the damn garden with the stupid
            lion". SHL
            78 XS1100e

Comment

Yeah, it's been hotternell here, too. Low 100's with heat indexes in the 110's. Sadly, I spend far too much time outside for work.

It's been kicking my ass, for sure!

It's funny though. I was in a 140 degree oil boiler room (for injection molding) today and leaving it and going outside to the 102 degree air felt like walking into air conditioning. Thought that was rather humorous.
              80 XS1100SG
              81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

Heat wave? What heat wave?

Its hot as blazes with 110% hunidity here...but then, thats normal for a place where your winter wardrobe means getting out a few long sleeve shirts.

I keep riding but I do enjoy riding in the late evening and night more this time of year.
                Mike Giroir
                79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

same here in Texas it's hotter than blazes , and more so with an oven between your legs, i'm sunburned all to heck and my shirt gets soaked just riding to the store , soo i get up early in the morning and ride till it's too hot , then again in the evening about 6pm , my first day with the new xj i rode for 7 hrs in the heat of the day , talk about krispy kritter , almost makes you want a water cooled bike -----till you twist the throttle ...lol
                  "82 xj1100 ( the blind rat)

Comment

Poor, poor lads,

Here in So Cal we have the best weather for riding. You should all move here. If it does get too hot, we just ride the beach roads or the mountain roads. Always cool afternoon breezes, temps are 65 at night, low 80's in the daytime and humidity around 30%, but if you really want the heat, the desert is close where it can be over 100 with 5% humidity.

He He He.......
                    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                    Drilled airbox
                    Tkat fork brace
                    Hardly mufflers
                    late model carbs
                    Newer style fuses
                    Oil pressure guage
                    Custom security system
                    Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

100 with 5% damn it's like a wet dream , try 105 with a 60% thats Texas summer !!!!

Comment

We've gotten away with almost no rain this summer, so riding has been optimal. Tried doin it in shorts and got too hot on my lower legs. That, and a bee nailed my knee butt first at 60. I'm allergic

There's no time too hot to ride around here. Finger lakes always have cool breezes and Great Lakes are only an hour in either direction. With the valleys and mountain riding, there's no shortage of enjoyment here. I have found, however, that I prefer early morning rides the best. This will make my new job more bearable, as I have to start out doin 3rd shift. I'll be working in a hot room...120 degrees when it's 90 outside. So the morning ride home will be that much more enjoyable.
                        "Rat Rod"
                        79 XS1100 Standard
                        87 VMAX cans
                        Cheap Japanese Tires

Comment

yea i ride in shorts sometimes and the hair on my legs singes lol.. yea it's hot on the calfs ,,

Comment

It would be rather nice to have this hot weather problem .Here in the UK we have had rain almost every day since the end of May!but still take the X11 out most days.

Goldfinger
                            goldfinger

Comment

BAH!!

Twist it harder...the rain will just bounce off
                              "Rat Rod"
                              79 XS1100 Standard
                              87 VMAX cans
                              Cheap Japanese Tires

Comment

Working...
                              X