gotta love new toys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotta love new toys

I recently went in with a friend of mine to purchase this buggy--Its the 96 and 97 champion SODA (Short course Off-road Driving Association) class 11 buggy

It came with enough spares to almost make another engine, but my one crankshaft needs to be either ground or replaced (spun a bearing)... still not too shabby for $1000 US. Also came with another set of body panels and two 8' tall stacks of spare tires, some of which are still brand new.

Just had to show off a bit

comments are welcome
    79ish suzuki rm250
    82 honda cb450sc
    78 honda cx500
    72 honda cb175
    78 yamaha xs11e

Ok so what you gonna do with it? Race? Hook a mower to it and drive around the yard? Looks fun but not sure why you would want one....
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Ok so what you gonna do with it? Race? Hook a mower to it and drive around the yard? Looks fun but not sure why you would want one....

those are all good ideas! actually, first we're goin to focus on getting it moving under it's own power again, then its all about getting it road legal.

The other owner had a 600 bandit up until last year when his brother crashed on his own ninja (totaled bike, broken ankle, broken wrist) and his mom REALLY didnt want him to havehis bandit anymore, so he sold it. Well, since he can't have a bike, he went in halves with me on the buggy.

But there is a track about 3 hours north (crandon, WI) that these things race at, so thats a possibility too depending on how much cash we have lying around...

I do like the lawn mower idea though... the neighbors already think I'm nutz, that would seal the deal for sure!
      79ish suzuki rm250
      82 honda cb450sc
      78 honda cx500
      72 honda cb175
      78 yamaha xs11e

Comment

Gas Powered? 4x4? Some of those things can get going, but they are not worth it unless you realy get into it. Takes a lot of money to maintain. I thought about one, but I settled for my XJ. I think I came out on top, even if I have a lot of work to do on the bike.
        Got to fix it before I can ride it

82 XJ11

Comment