Dusted a Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusted a Warrior

I was rolling east on 51 yesterday playing with my new dual megaphone Supertrapp exhaust setup. I came around a curve about 80 or 85 and some guy on a Warrior was 100 yards ahead doing about 75.

He looked in his rearview and saw me gaining. His toe stomped the shifter down once and I followed suite immediately. About 1/4 mile later he was fading fast in my mirrors.

How frustrating it must feel to have your new Warrior slapped by a 25 year old full dressed "junker"?

Maximan,
    You just can't let the poor guy live in his dream world, can you? You have to slap him upside the head, and make him feel bad. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Was riding with a couple of Crotch rockets yesterday

and was feeling a bit squirrelly, I guess. Cruising along at 70 splitting the lane, I looked over at the guy riding next to me.As he turned and focused on my grin under my lid, I rolled into it and grabbed 5th at 115. As I hunkered down behind the windshield, I had no idea how fast I was going, but I know that 1200 Suzuki had one HELL of a time catching up.

Unfortunately, I have to be the one with SOME kind of common sense, and my burst only lasted a couple miles before i rolled back out of it and regained my sanity. Sure felt good tho.

The other guy was impressed when I left the Burger King parking lot on one wheel with the other one squealing. This new-found power is quite amusing...
      "Rat Rod"
      79 XS1100 Standard
      87 VMAX cans
      Cheap Japanese Tires
      Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
      Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
      Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Well you got know when to pick your fights Ray. I knew this was bone stock Warrior because I've seen it around town. Warriors look kinda mean and that's about the extent of it. No Eleven ...stock or otherwise...should ever fear a stock Warrior.

Comment

Bro-in law, aka "Warrior Boy" had one (traded it off for a HD), we got in few roll ons and I pulled him hard till my slipping clutch came into play. He got rid of it before I could run him with my good clutch. No doubt the XS would kick his butt. He dosen't even entertain the thought on his HD when we go riding together. He has great asperations that a few Drag Specialty items will put him in the same league as my XS. Course he has to finish payin for his starter and drive belt repair.
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

man you should be proud a warrior a road star 1700 with stage 3 modifications on it. if it was a newer one

Comment

Eh not really. If you are not familiar with Zilla...I've had quite a bit done to the motor. Actually I've done A LOT to it.

Stage 3? Hehehe...on Zilla I think we went 3 or 4 stages past that.

Comment

I've decided my 11 will be a cruiser, not a bruiser. I've had my fun and gone very fast, but i find it much more enjoyable to sit back and actually SEE what I'm passing by. Besides, I LOVE the sound of the pipes as they chug out 3500 at 50mph on a back road...lends to that whole "Freedom of the open road" theory...
                "Rat Rod"
                79 XS1100 Standard
                87 VMAX cans
                Cheap Japanese Tires
                Cobalt Blue Rattle Can Paint
                Custom Lighting on a Budget

Perry Center Fire Department
                Perry Emergency Ambulance

"If we don't do it, who will?"

Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives...

Comment

Working...
                X