The Dark Side of the Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side of the Man

I debated quite some time before posting this . . . I wanted to share the experience. But the reasons for me being “out there” are my personal pains and shortcomings. I originally attempted to just relate the experience, but without the motivation and state of mind, the words were just hollow. The below entry is pretty much straight out of my journal, written immediately after I arrived home.

To sum it up, I went for a desperately needed night ride . . . hoping to find some peace or relief . . . but found an ice storm instead. Cold I expected, ice I did not. Friggen weather guys . . .

See The Dark Side of the Man (no ads, no popups)
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Excellent, artful story as usual Danny,
    Thanks for sharing it.

Ride Safe (This goes especially for you DANNY!!!)
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
    The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

Intense!!!

WOW!!! Danny you are intense!
      I wish I felt that intense about my wife.
      I was for the first one and got burned severly.
      So I guess it is a self preservation thing that I can't kick.
      Oh well in any case take care of yourself she will be back.

Ride Safe Dude!!!
      I want to see you at the next TeXSive ride....
      Tinman
      --------
      XSTin
      80SG

Comment

Danny, Some times I sign on to this forum just to read your stories. Most of the time I laugh but wow today after being away from home for 4 weeks now I really understand the dark side. Unfortunately I am stuck in a hotel 2200 miles form home without any toys but a computer to take my mind off of love ones at home.

I am confident from all the stories I have read about you, you will survive and I am sure I will too.

Have a Merry Christmas
        Mark Van Winkle
        Spokane, WA
        K7HPT
        79SF

Comment

Hey, you should take up writing!
          Maybe tou do?
          i've b een through alot the last 4 years, something i can relate to!
          I see the key board does't like me.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys.

Wayne: Ride Safe
            I do. Had I known about the storm (it was supposed to be 500 miles east or 200 miles north of me) I would not have set out into it. I'll ride in any conditions . . . except ice. Had the roads started actually icing, I'd have found a hotel. The temps and the water were below freezing, but the roads were not. It was wierd. Drop of water hits you on the jacket, and instantly freezes solid. Now imagine all the water flying off the road and doing the same to your bike!

Tinman: WOW!!! Danny you are intense! I wish I felt that intense about my wife.
            I live life intensly relaxed . . . that is to say, I try not to sweat the small stuff . . . but as far as experiences, riding, love, living . . . life is WAY too short to not be intense about it. All we take with us in the end is our experiences.

Mark Van Winkle: Danny, Some times I sign on to this forum just to read your stories.
            Glad you enjoy them . . . 4 weeks away? Wow! Not sure how I would handle that . . .

ACE: Hey, you should take up writing!
            Funny you should mention that . . . I have a book coming out late January or early February! My first! I am really excited about this . . . MC content: It is a refined retelling of many of the stories on my website, along with some new material and introductions/conclusions.
            CUAgain,
            Daniel Meyer

Comment

Definetly looking forward to your book Danny. Good luck with it.

Comment

We've all enjoyed your stories, Danny.

When the book comes out are your selling them direct?

Do XSives get autographed copies?

Best of luck with it.
                Bob Udy

Comment

Should come out in late January or early February. Will be available on Amazon or any of the on-line sellers. Can also be ordered at any bookstore, but probably will not be stocked there.

I'll let the list know when it is out (as long as our admin types do not object).

I'll sign anybody's that can get it to me . . .

Come to TeXSive 2003 to avoid the extra mailing costs!
                  CUAgain,
                  Daniel Meyer

Comment

Hey! Great idea Danny, we will have a book signing at TeXSive '03. Just one of the many reasons for coming next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X