Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual XJ 1100 Maxim

hallo Members Lounge,

i would like to have a manual of the XJ 1100 Maxim 1984.
    is there a possibility for me to buy such a manual ?
    please let me know !

greetings

Hille.
    h.r.tejaandezee.

XJ

Click here>>>http://www.xs11.com/tips/cdrom.htm

Also...PM or Email >>> jimboreeno
    Think he has a copy for down loading.

mro

Comment

mro bedankt ! (thanks)
      groet Hille
      h.r.tejaandezee.

Comment

Just to clarify....

There are, technically, 3 manuals for an XJ: the Owner's Manual that came with the bike, a Service Manual, still available from Yamaha last time I checked ($45 - $60 US dollars) and a dealer-only Assembly Manual, which gave dealers instructions on how to un-crate and set up the bike. Owner's manual is no longer availabe from Yamaha but can be downloaded from a few sources. Assembly Manuals come up on eBay from time to time, they are about 2 pages long and have no service information.
        Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
          Just to clarify....

There are, technically, 3 manuals for an XJ: the Owner's Manual that came with the bike, a Service Manual, still available from Yamaha last time I checked ($45 - $60 US dollars) and a dealer-only Assembly Manual, which gave dealers instructions on how to un-crate and set up the bike. Owner's manual is no longer availabe from Yamaha but can be downloaded from a few sources. Assembly Manuals come up on eBay from time to time, they are about 2 pages long and have no service information.
          Hmm... I am in the process of buying an XJ. It's coming with the Service Manual and parts CD, but I guess that won't tell me much about the bike other than how to fix it, right? Looks like I need to find an Owner's Manual, too...
          "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

Also on the links page look under XJ owners and Service Manual.
            Roy Bean ebay moniker roy-b-boy-b
            1982 Xj 1100 2002 V Star

Comment

I have a copy of the manual, but it's a little over 12mb and most email only allows @ 10mb I think. I guess you could send it instant messenger if the two people got together??

Tod
              Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
              '06 Suzuki DR650
              *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
              '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
              '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
              '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
              '81 XS1100 Special
              '81 YZ250
              '80 XS850 Special
              '80 XR100
              *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig
                I have a copy of the manual, but it's a little over 12mb and most email only allows @ 10mb I think. I guess you could send it instant messenger if the two people got together??

Tod
                PM sent.
                "I said I never had much use for [a pistol], never said I didn't know how to use one."

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Maroon) - "Organ Donor" - Parts bike

'82 Maxim XJ1100J (Black) - "Outrider" - Dynojet Stage 1 kit, Kerker 4-1 exhaust, AGM battery, Mikes XS coils, small inline fuel filters, Dunlopp Elite-3 tires

'06 Star Warrior (Custom Gadsden Flag Theme) - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ" - Sissy bar w/ luggage rack, 4" risers, braided stainless steel cables and brake line; Mods on deck: new exhaust, new seat

Comment

I've never tried this site before.... but you can try it out. This should be a direct link to a file sharing place where you can download the XJ manual I uploaded.... free. 12.4mb file, so be prepared. The download button takes a few seconds to pop up, but scroll down and it will be above and to the right of the "Add your comments" box.

XJ1100 Service Manual

And Hille, As far as I know, nothing was changed on '83 and '84 models. Our speedos are in MPH of course, but I don't know of anything that changed between the years, so this manual should still work for you. This link will only work for 30 days unless for some reason, I sign back in to the site??

Let me know if you have any problems.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                  '06 Suzuki DR650
                  '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                  '81 XS1100 Special
                  '81 YZ250
                  '80 XS850 Special
                  '80 XR100

Comment

Hey Tod,

Thanks for doing this! They have a fast access connection, and IF whoever goes to D/L it also has a Broadband connection, it'll D/L at ~350 kbytes/sec for about 36 seconds!

However, if you have dialup, it'll take an appx. 48 minutes!
                    Perhaps once we get our new site online, we'll be able to host these files on the site server!?
                    T.C.
                    T. C. Gresham
                    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
                    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
                    History shows again and again,
                    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Yeah, that's kind of what I was going to ask, but I thought there may be some kind of plagiarism problems. I don't know who owns the rights to the material, but there's sure a TON of copies out there for sale on CD's and such. I was given this one for free from another member and just thought I'd share. It isn't as good as a book (In my opinion), but the cool thing is that you can print off the pages you need for the job you're doing and not have to worry about dog-earing the pages or getting them all greasy.

Tod

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100