Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada

Hi

Want to say right away that I am in no way trying start a seperate site or forum and have nothing but the greatest thanks for this site and all the help it's given me, and I fully intend to be a member for a long time.
    I was just wondering if there were some way of listing / finding out who are canadian owners as opposed to guys in the states. Purely because I think it's great when someone says "Hey I'm in dallas (ie) and only a short hop from where you're having your problems" Plus someone that you could meet up with and compare stories etc.. - dallas being a little far to go lol.

Any thoughts?

Simon
    Si Parker
    '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Maybe a poll

Who likes hockey, eh?
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

Hey Simon,

You mean, like what's mentioned in the STICKY thread at the top of this FORUM???

Try looking at these links:
      Quebec and Ontario

Alberta, British Columbia

Manitoba;Saskatchewan

Maine;New Brunswick;Nova Scotia;New Foundland;Prince Edward Isle

Don't let that snake bite you!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I never said I was clever lol
        Si Parker
        '81 XS1100H

Tkat brace, new coils/wires/plugs, refurbed carbs (thanks 81 xsproject), recon'd top end, windshield (thanks dpotter58), resprayed tank and panels, 4-1 exhaust, sweet xs pod filters, in line fuel filters, progressive springs, thick hand grips, jumped headlight relay.

Comment

Re: Maybe a poll

Originally posted by oseaghdha
          Who likes hockey, eh?
          Interesting that you would answer like that, osea... When SWMBO and I travel south of the line, the locals pick us out right away as being from somewhere else. Funny thing is, though, we often get asked if we're from Wisconsin!! I figure I've got to get over that way one day just to see where the confusion might come from.
          Ken Talbot

Comment

I'm an English ex-pat so I usually get asked what part of Australia I'm from.
            Si Parker
            '81 XS1100H

Comment

I'm in CANADA ... EH

Rob
              KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
              1978 XS500E
              1979 XS1100F Restored
              1980 XS1100 SG
              1981 Suzuki GS1100
              1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
              1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Re: Re: Maybe a poll

Originally posted by Ken Talbot

Interesting that you would answer like that, osea... When SWMBO and I travel south of the line, the locals pick us out right away as being from somewhere else. Funny thing is, though, we often get asked if we're from Wisconsin!! I figure I've got to get over that way one day just to see where the confusion might come from.
                Yah, da accent can get pretty tick around here, hey.

Worked with a guy from "Tronto". The man could not avoid the 'eh' at the end of every sentence to save his life. Another Canuk was always saying "Yah Oui". Guessing Ontario maybe, some class of weegie/french thing going on there.

I was living in Dallas and speaking with some customer service girl from Verizon or something. I asked her if she was from Canada. She seemed surprised I could tell, got all flustered aboot it!
                XS1100SF
                XS1100F

Comment

Lol. I have found myself using the occassional 'eh', been here for about 7 years total so am definetly picking up some of the lingo.
                  Si Parker
                  '81 XS1100H

Comment

East Coast

East Coast is a lil far to go as well but here I am, one foot in the Atlantic the other one in the mud......Grand Desert mud.
                    A very proud XS1100 owner! Come on down.

Bruce
                    781/2 XS1100

"Every failure is just a success story in disguise"
                    Bruce Doucette
                    Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
                    X