pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan

You really should ride that thing out to Tahoe with me in September.

Ed..Ray!!! Help me out here!

Comment

Dan,
      Nice looking bike!! You do really need to ride it out in September, with Cody. He gets lonely and goofy after about 4 hours on the road. Another bike next to him will help. You can also see Lake Tahoe, and some great roads in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
      If you want to do the complete trip, I'm sure Cody can find room for you in his condo in Oregon! But then, you would have to ride up the Pacific Coast Highway with us to get there.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hodges
        Okay T.C. I did one but don't ask me how as my brain just exploded.
        One more shot,this one showing the finished intake port.
        81 Black "1179" Xcessively trick Super Special. One owner (me).

Comment

Mother Of All Trips

Originally posted by DiverRay
          Dan,
          Nice looking bike!! You do really need to ride it out in September, with Cody. He gets lonely and goofy after about 4 hours on the road. Another bike next to him will help. You can also see Lake Tahoe, and some great roads in the Sierra Nevada mountains.
          If you want to do the complete trip, I'm sure Cody can find room for you in his condo in Oregon! But then, you would have to ride up the Pacific Coast Highway with us to get there.
          This is a dream ride,but like I told Max I need to have a few days to think about it as this is the height of the racing season and I normally go to the US Nationals at Indianapolis the week preceeding Labor Day.I have been a lot of places on my motorcycles, but Needles Ca. is as far west as I ever got on a bike trip and that was quite a ride from St. Louis,or so I thought at the time. In order to ride Attila out west through the high country, I would need to decrease the main jet size,quiten the pipe down and put my other windshield back on.Not that big of a deal actually and I have not completely ruled it out.I need to buy myself a neat 80 Standard and trick it out with a Vesco fairing,1179 kit and the 78-79 cams and I would be contended bike wise.This last build up on Attila was done in an effort to be competitive with two old riding buddies,one having a tricked out 900 Kawasaki Eliminator and the other having an 1123cc Honda CB 1000 and what few V-Rods I encounter on I-55 and the occasional one on I-255 in Illinois.This last build up has been successfull and met all three of my objectives but was a little pricey.Actually what I need is a bigger garage and then I could have a motorcycle for every occassion,including the new and improved 08 Busa,in black of course.

Comment

One more shot,this one showing the finished intake port.

Another

Comment

New Block

Shiny new block

Comment

Re: New Block

Shiny new block
                Piston comparison of a 74mm Wiseco and the stock piston.

Comment

I just wish I HAD a garage. I live with a carport, and the ocean "breeze" blowing through in the winter!!
                  I like the looks of the Wiseco piston, I think I'll have to try and upgrade the winter project sooner rather than later. At least the engine is already on a stand, and ready to come apart!
                  Ray Matteis
                  KE6NHG
                  XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
                  XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Head Shot

A nice fresh sterling XS head.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverRay
                      I just wish I HAD a garage. I live with a carport, and the ocean "breeze" blowing through in the winter!!
                      I like the looks of the Wiseco piston, I think I'll have to try and upgrade the winter project sooner rather than later. At least the engine is already on a stand, and ready to come apart!
                      I must admit that cleaning the carbon and old gasket yuk off was the most time consuming part of the whole deal.Getting the proper machine work was also no walk in the park. Donelson Cycles here in St.Louis was also very helpful in obtaining all the "O" rings, gaskets and such in addition to finding for me several parts that are no longer made.Personally,I would not want to undertake a project such as this outside but it could be done.Once you have it cleaned up,have all the parts and pieces and have measured everything to make sure the machine work was done properly, it goes together pretty quickly.My deal took all winter,but it is now better than new.Good luck on yours.Dan

Comment

Working...
                      X