Black Tie - ATGATT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STGMTT

Usually wear my full face lid and some sort of gloves, but sometimes..... not so much.

Never bare legged tho. I know jeans won't do squat for road rash, but I don't own any high-speed britches.

Coming and going to work is a 20 mile run w/high speed "challenge" sections, I always have my ballistic jacket and helmet on for that. Plus between minivans and cell phones, its an adventure twice a day.
    But jammin around town I don't dress up.
    XS1100SF
    XS1100F

Comment

But jammin around town I don't dress up.

Around town seems to be where folks are gunnin' for me. Just two weeks ago at the intersection a few blocks from my house, I had the green and was going to go left. The Intersection was clear right as I approached, I looked left, clear there. I looked across the intersection, clear there, dropped down to around 15 (second gear) and started to turn and out of the peripheral I saw a flash of silver to the right as I entered the intersection, I hauled in the brakes and swung the back around to avoid a silver Malibu with a female (take no offense WildKat and SWMBOS, there's none meant) holding a cup of Pop and a SELF phone hurling through at about 35 (I have no idea how she was steering).

I looked to the left of me after she slid by me on the right and came face to face with one on the city cops waiting for the light to turn. I lifted the facepiece and asked"You need me?" He said no and flipped on the lights and ran her down. Good guys, these cops.
      Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
      78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
      02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

It's safer with a sidecar

so I'm less motivated than most riders.
        It wouldn't bother me any to ride without a helmet but there's laws about that so yes, always the helmet.
        Weird thing is, I'm terrified to ride with no gloves, just bought a vented summer pair.
        Hein Gericke safari jacket when it's really cool, Belstaff jacket in ordinary temperatures, jean jacket or just a T-shirt as it gets hotter. The Belstaff pants mysteriously shrunk over the years so my south end is in jeans. Zip-back biker boots for long trips, plain ol' street shoes around town. Gotta nice rainsuit for wet weather.
        Rainpants over jeans; doff the Belstaff and rainjacket over fleece jacket.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Full face and long pants every time.
          Jacket, gloves, and steel toed boots on long trips.
          Too hot here in the middle of summer to wear anything more than a T-shirt. If you wore a jacket in this heat (90 to 110 deg for the last two weeks),you would only need the jacket to protect you after you passed out
          Ed

78/82 XS/XJ mostly made up of parts bikes
          XS1100 SG 1980 Will restore to original over time

Comment

Yes, I should mention I have a one-piece rainsuit. I consider this my single best buy for biking ever.

They were $69.99 on sale at Canadain Tire, once only, about 20 years ago and they have never had them since.

My bikes boots are not steel toe. No need for steel toes, on the bike, really, unless your in the habit of kicking road debris.

It is currently 32C (90F ) and climbing, so I won't be wearing the leather jacket this afternoon. The only time I don't wear the leather coat w/ jean vest over it is when it gets so hot that passing out is more of an issue than getting in an accident.
            Nice day, if it doesn't rain...

'05 ST1300
            '83 502/502 Monte Carlo for sale/trade

Comment

Working...
            X