Helmet Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet Accessories

Hey all. My wife bought me a helmet for father's day. It's an AFX FX-75 with a little visor. My question is, does anyone know if you can put a face shield on it of some kind? The visor just snaps on so I thought maybe something else could snap on. The bike isn't going to have a windshield so I'd like for my helmet to. Here's a link to my helmet.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...101&division=1
    79 Special Engine/80 Special Body - sold to bigray03

Duh.....

I'm a computer guy and even I forget to Google every now and then.

http://www.helmetshop.com/items.asp?...atus=0&Tp=&Bc=

Comment

Yes, you can get flat shields for those helmets. The shield will even have snaps where you can put the visor on with it. The 5 snaps are a "universal" spacing so virtually any brand flat shield will work. JC Whitney, Dennis Kirk, Chapperal all sell em. Can get lotsa different colors to. Watch out for the flip up style, they can act like a ejected plane canopy if your not careful, don't ask me how I know this.
      Last edited by webbcraft2150; 07-02-2007, 04:19 PM.
      When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Leaving the visor off, you even have the option of snapping one on that pivots up and down. You may have to attach some extra screws/snaps as some shields are slotted to allow other portion of snap to slide back and forth to fit existing snaps. If you have to add additional snap locations, will be just fine, doesn't affect integrity of helmets.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Hit a local Jap bike shop big chain they should have a shield to fit. The local Honda dealer had a 3 button flip up shield that I attached to my 1/2 Helmet. The guys at work say it looks funny, But hell with them it works for me.
          I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

"The guys at work say it looks funny,"

So does a biker holding his throat after one of our monster sized east texas junebugs flew down it at 75mph. I'd rather look silly, maybe it will help me look less invisible on the road. I imagine I can handle getting pegged with a bug on the chest or knuckles and manage to not flinch enough to wipe out the bike. But I'll fall off backwards if one hits me in the face.

Comment

Similar

I got one of those and there are flip up shields for it at Cycle Gear
              You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
              Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
              Drilled airbox
              Tkat fork brace
              Hardly mufflers
              late model carbs
              Newer style fuses
              Oil pressure guage
              Custom security system
              Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

GLASSES

Until you get a shield get some safety glasses from the hardware store. I paid about 7 bucks for some dark ones that are realy durable, impact resistant and claim to be 99.9 UV free. I swear by em and they don"t look to shabby either. At night I've even used clear shop glasses
                79SF
                XJ11
                78E

Comment

These days..

You probably need windshield wipers on whatever you get down there in Texas.....
                  You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
                  Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
                  Drilled airbox
                  Tkat fork brace
                  Hardly mufflers
                  late model carbs
                  Newer style fuses
                  Oil pressure guage
                  Custom security system
                  Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

planedick