Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subliminal Seducer

All I can say is WOW. I am addicted!
    I finally got the bike titled and took it out for a 35-mile ride today. Puttered around some nice Pocono back roads for a while getting used to the feel of the bike and then up onto the highway. At 75mph it feels like your flying! The bike felt very stable and I passed various vehicles with ease. Just a blip of the throttle and the bike jumps forward on the highway like a hungry animal after its prey!

Just a few minor problems I noticed. One is when I left the garage this morning the bike was idling around 900, when I got home it would not drop below 2500. I am not sure if I should change the idle adjuster or not. Also some minor backfiring while throttling down.
    I guess I will not worry too much over this until after the carbs are properly synced.

I hope that most of the mechanical issues are behind me and I can now start to work on some of the cosmetic issues.

Kudos go to randy. He has been XSesivle helpful and knowledgeable in getting this old bike back onto the road. Sir you are an XSer of the highest caliber and I thank you.
    Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
    Owner of:
    1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
    140 mains
    45 pilot jets
    Floats at 24mm
    Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Ray,

Happy to hear that you got over the titling issue. That would have been a real bummer if you couldn't sort it out.

If you think it has go now, just wait'll we get it properly synched. It'll damn near rip your arms off!

See you tomorrow morn.

Comment

Re: Subliminal Seducer

Originally posted by rman
      ....Just a few minor problems I noticed. One is when I left the garage this morning the bike was idling around 900, when I got home it would not drop below 2500. I am not sure if I should change the idle adjuster or not. Also some minor backfiring while throttling down.
      I guess I will not worry too much over this until after the carbs are properly synced.
      yep, typical symptoms of carbs out of sync. took care of those issues with the Morgan Carbtune

Comment

carbs synced

Yep, randy got it all dialed in for me. It runs great! Now all I need now is an excuse to go ride..... oh heck.....who needs an excuse....I'm out of here!!!!!!!

Trying not to offend since Aug 28, 2010

Disclaimer: I am an idiot. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
        Owner of:
        1979 XS1100F (The Pig)
        140 mains
        45 pilot jets
        Floats at 24mm
        Running Rich

"Arrogant, delusional tyrants can't be stopped by earnest words and furrowed brows. Action, strong bold action coming from a position of strength and determination, is the only effective deterrent." -Mitt Romney

Comment

Working...
        X