ebay description; WHAT!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay description; WHAT!?

I'm not sure about you guys, but an exhaust with large perforations from rust does not qualify as "good condition" in my book!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1978-...QQcmdZViewItem
    2010 Kawasaki Z1000
    1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

And dents on the megaphones. You've got to give them credit for showing the pictures though. I suppose "good" is a relative term because the holes could be welded and he didn't say it was NOS quality.
    1981 XS1100SH

Comment

I've seen worse - - -

- - - hey, I've got worse. But all the rusty holes in my exhaust are patched. One of the many POs done it, including welding the mufflers on but WTF, it don't leak exhaust gases and I can't see it when I'm riding.
      "Good" is a relative term. If that exhaust system was an artifact dug up by an archeologist, he'd say "perfect", as all the parts are there and you can see what it is.
      Considered as a bike part sold for re-use the honest description would be "rough but usable after it's been fixed"
      Fred Hill, S'toon.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

That isn't...err...rust "damage"... it's rusto-mod - it decreases backpressure for more horsepower!
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

There's a few fuel petcocks listed as NOS by on one of them the vac nipple is pointing straight up which indicates that they have been disassembled?? Why would a NOS part have been disassembled? Bottom line is that e-bay is a buyer beware situation
          Rob
          KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
          1978 XS500E
          1979 XS1100F Restored
          1980 XS1100 SG
          1981 Suzuki GS1100
          1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
          1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Working...
          X