title question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title question

ok guys i need to get a title for my xs, and it gonna be a pain to get it through the PA dmv because i bought it from a guy that didnt own it or have the title, because it was a friend of his and they lost contact with each other (he thinks he died)and it sat in his backyard for 8-10 years and now hes moving and needs it gone.
    anyway they said i might have to file a court case but thats to much money. there is no last known address for the bike because it hasnt been registered for more than 5 years.
    so i was looking around here and seen a thing for "International Title Company".
    how many people have used this place? is the place legit? i dont want to send them $125.00 and have them not get me a title. for those that have used it, how does it work?
    the only other possibility is a used frame with a title, but their hard to come by around here and ebay rarly has any.
    79 xs1100f- standard- $50.00 runner

Read this thread

http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...ighlight=Title
    2 - 80 LGs bought one new
    81 LH
    02 FXSTB Nighttrain
    22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
    Jim

Comment

um thanxs for the reply but that didnt really answer my question. thanx anyway

Comment

You should be able to get the title for free. Go to your local DMV office ask for a Vehicle Inspection Form. Call the local Police Department. have them fill out all the required VIN information and run NCIC and LIEN on the VIN. you fill out the top part take to DMV pay the standard title fee and away you go. That's how I've gotten lost titles and abandon bike titles. Including a 69 BSA.
        I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

i talked to the PA dmv a few times now about how to get a title. and they all kept saying i would have to make a court case to apply for a abondoned title. what state do u live in? because thats what they tell me hear in PA.
          i think im gonna go through the INTERNATIONAL TITLE SERVICE to save all the hassle. just got to call the police to make sure it wasnt stolen or has a lein.

Comment

In PA it's a Form MV-1 and a MV-4ST. Michigan seems to be easier. But PA seems simple enough.
            I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

try international title service out of las vegas, it costs $125 takes 3-4 weeks. they have a web site www.its-titles.com with lots of info or you call them and they will send out the needed papers. i did it a couple weeks ago, so im still waiting but ill let you know how it goes in the end.
              when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
              '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
              '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
              '78 Cadillac Seville
              Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

yeah let me know!! i already got the paper work, now im just waiting for the extra funds to send it in, haha.

Comment

Working...
                X