What? ANOTHER Texas get together?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? ANOTHER Texas get together?!?!

Yep... we Texans like to party... even if we just drink soda (not that we all do... but there are some... ANYway)

When: September 1, 2007
    Where: our house (Hurst, Texas)
    What: what? what do you mean what? It's a party...
    Why: Labor Day... and oh yes... something about Dale_1 playing in a band that evening... We are going for support (and to have a good time and listen to some good blues music and and and)...

Look for more details in the South Central Rally section as time gets closer...

and remember... you don't have to live in Texas... to party in Texas... hint hint hint...
    81 SH Something Special
    81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
    81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
    80 LG Black Magic
    78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
    For those on FB

*sigh* You Texans have all the fun. When will there be a New England/Northeast get together?

Maybe I should organize one.
    1981 XS1100SH

Comment

Wildkat,
      That is the same date as the South Lake Tahoe / Reno Rally!!
      But that's OK, we will toast you with a beer, soda, or whatever as we are looking at the lake, 6,000 feet above sea level. For those on the West Coast, try to make the rally!! If you can't make either one, let us know and one or both groups will be thinking of you.
      Ray Matteis
      KE6NHG
      XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
      XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Yes Ray... I know...

but there are a few of us who can't take off for the amount of time the Tahoe rally would need (darn it!)... so we're having our own little gathering... besides... September 1 is when Dale_1 is playing, so we're centering it around him (don't you feel special Mark?)

However... don't forget the REAL Meeting of the Minds isn't until next June... You have plenty of time to plan to be here for that one...

We'll toast all of you in September though...

Hey! malber can organize an XS East Labor Day ride and we can get all of the XSives on the road at the same time... just not in the same place...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

Kat, I guess you and John didn't get enough last time. Could be the rain dampened our spirits a bit. All I can say is........

ROOOAAAADDDDD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, buy rain suits.
          Skippy, get Lynda checked out on the pack mule, she can ride it and you can ride the new FJR.
          Skippy, fix the pack mule. (thats two on your list)
          Myself, make room reservations this time.
          The rest of ya, saddle up!!!!!!!!!!
          When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

OK I feel Special.... small bus special

Good news and bad.........

I will definitely be there.... DUH

But, unless I can figure out how to drive the bike and the van full of drums at the same time... I guess I will be playing the "Dave" part this time around! Four wheels aren't nearly as much fun. But at least "I" know better than to bring a Honda to a Yamaha meeting!

/let's see if he posts back......../
            Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
            S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
            1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

todo list

Thanks, Webby. My list keeps getting longer and longer.

Very funny Mark!

Hopefully the Skippy and SWMBO will be attending.

I am in Cali, just got back from a Yamaha shop in Brea. Was drooling over the maroon FJ there when the salesman asked if I wanted to buy it.

$14,000! WTF? Naw, I'll wait until Sept, when the prices drop to a realistic range, thanks.

Meeting with some colleagues for supper then its back to Texas tomorrow morning.

Had a good visit with Planedick Monday night. Pathfinder looks clean! He showed me some videos he shot from the Pathfinder cam. He schooled a newb on a GSXR6!

I am happy to see the bike being ridden and enjoyed.

I'll post up a pic when I get home and get to an internet connection that doesn't SUCK! Hotel internet is so SLOW!

Skippy
              Gone but never Forgotten:
              1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
              2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
              2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

I just know everyone is saying in their mind that they are thankfull that they are finnaly able to get together without HobbyMan around Thanks for the last rally guys and gals. It was great.
                United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                Acta Non Verba

Comment

I just wish you could be there.......

Don't forget to come home often.

I, for one, will miss having you around.

oh yeah...... don't forget you have my phone number, use it any time.
                  Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
                  S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
                  1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

It's all about you, Mark

The only ride I figured on for that day was the one to watch you play... of course... that is subject to change... you know XSive things can be at times...

Spidey... are you kidding? Never too XSive! I love having a houseful of people and John likes having us host it because I get the house cleaner than normal (DON'T say it! )

HobbyMan... you will be GREATLY missed... I figure I'm just going to pretend that you are way ahead of the pack with Tod and Hippie Dave... just like always... I never see you except for the start and end of a ride ANYway...

skippy... have a safe trip back from Cali! Texas misses you and I'll bet SWMBO does too...
                    Hopefully see both of you very soon!

I'll be in Austin in July for the state PTA convention if anyone wants to hook up for a ride (I plan on bringing the bike anyway... we'll see how it goes)
                    81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                    80 LG Black Magic
                    78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                    For those on FB

Comment

I'll be in Austin in July for the state PTA convention
                      Wow... you're one of the best in the state at being a Pain in the A@@??? Congratulations!! I knew you had it in you!!

Tod
                      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own