For those of you who met Maxx...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who met Maxx...

Maxx was a great dog for 12 years and attended his first XS rally only three weeks ago. But today we had to put him down.

This is part of the healing process for me. Dena and I are heart-broken.

Maxx never liked having his picture taken, and would run if he heard the camera turn on. I have a few photos though.

Maxx in 1997, only 2 years old and stylin'

Anyway I can only hope that he is chasing rabbits somewhere....goodbye old friend....

(I moved some of the photos, just left one 9/16/07)
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Maxx

Sorry for your loss Gary, He was a great dog . It hurts but hes not suffering anymore. Just remember the great times you both had with him , im sure he loved you both. Life and love go on, get yourself another little Maxx,
    Regards
    Doug
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

I sorry to hear about your dog. I have lost a few over the years and know how you feel.
      Rob
      KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
      1978 XS500E
      1979 XS1100F Restored
      1980 XS1100 SG
      1981 Suzuki GS1100
      1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
      1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

So sorry for your loss Gary...

Always a difficult thing when we lose a loved one... Our thoughts are with you during this time...

He was a cool looking dog...
        81 SH Something Special
        81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
        81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
        80 LG Black Magic
        78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
        For those on FB

Comment

im really sorry for your loss losing a close friend is very painful but the good memories help to take pain away
          when in doubt...get a bigger hammer
          '78 XS11e, '79 XS11sf,'81 Mazda RX7, '83 XJ650lj Turbo, '95 Ford F150, '93 Chevy K2500, '04 Honda Pilot,
          '89 Arctic Cat Wildcat, '89 Arctic Cat El Tigre 530, '81 Arctic Cat Trailcat 340, '79 john deere trailfire 440,
          '78 Cadillac Seville
          Don't steal the government hates competition

Comment

Dear Gary and Dena:
            I'm sorry for your loss. I've had to put down a few dogs over the years and it's always painful.
            Maxx was uber-cool. He was the best behaved attendee at XSeast this year, and was the only one I could talk to in the wee hours of Saturday night. My dog Sandi is still sniffin my boots wondering where I've been.
            Hang in there.
            Mark Stanton

Comment

"Loyal Friend and Faithful Companion."

He had a very good family, and was loved and cared for. No dog could have been treated better.
              I share your sorrow.
              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Gary and Dena,

As a dog lover who has had to go down this sorrowful road too many times, I share your pain and hope and pray that healing comes soon and that memories of Maxx and all the joy he gave you remain with you forever.

Gino
                Papa Gino

79 and something XS 1100 Special "Battle Cruiser"
                78 XT 500 "Old Shaky"
                02 Kawasaki Concours "Connie"

Comment

I've found over the years that the dogs I've had have usually had more character than a lot of the people I've known. It's always sad to see one go.

My condolences.....
                  80 XS1100SG
                  81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. We can all tell you it was the right decision to make but it does not lessen the pain of that final ride. I swear I can still my beagle of 18 years diggin thru the kitchen trash at night, we lost him January 3rd. You will remember him as he was, a true friend, unconditional in his love for your family and a buddy you could always count on. You both are richer for the relationship you had.
                    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone, I still think I hear his collar jingle sometimes. Uggh......

We are not sure how Patches will take this yet, she seems to be looking around for him (or something) and is very nervous due to strorms and wind last couple days.
                      Gary Granger

Comment

- - 'til death us do part - - -

- - - even with dogs.
                        Hi Gary,
                        go down to the humane society and adopt a dog that's on death row.
                        You and Dena can begin the healing process in the best way, training up the new guy.
                        My dog died at 18 years old, getting a replacement cheered me up amazingly.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon.
                        Fred Hill, S'toon
                        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Sorry for your loss Gary and Dena
                          Ralph & Tracy

Comment

Re: - - 'til death us do part - - -

Both of or dog's were adopted. Best way to go in my opinion. Not thinking about a new one yet.

Originally posted by fredintoon
                            - - - even with dogs.
                            Hi Gary,
                            go down to the humane society and adopt a dog that's on death row.
                            You and Dena can begin the healing process in the best way, training up the new guy.
                            My dog died at 18 years old, getting a replacement cheered me up amazingly.
                            Fred Hill, S'toon.
                            Gary Granger

Comment

Dog Heaven

There is a Heaven for dogs; well I believe it......sorry to hear about Maxx Gary, darn shame.
                              Bruce
                              Bruce Doucette
                              Phone #1 902 827 3217

Comment

Working...
                              X