850 miles....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 850 miles....

Well, it was a pleasureable trip to Modesto. It happened to be the "American Graffitti" celebration weekend with lots of classic cars around. I got to meet Uncle Spot and Pat Kelley, went for a ride in the twisties and Pat invited me for dinner. His SWMBO does a mean fried chicken with mashed potatoes. MMMmmmm Many kudo's to the cook. LOL Was good to meet and go riding with a couple of XSives who ride like me. I thought I was the only one that liked to go fast.

Pathfinder scared me Sat with a couple of hard metalic bangs that seemed to eminate from the tranny. When it happened it shook the bike like the drive train had stopped for just a split second. Scary and it does diminish my confidance somewhat. On the way out of Modesto on Sun, it did it again when I was between gears, but went south to Orange county without incident and without any babying. Between 80 and 100 most of the way. Just sang the same sweet song all the way home.

Thanks guys for a good time.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Glad ya' had a good time ...

and are back home safe, bike together. Wish I coulda' made it ...
    80G Mini-bagger
    VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
    79SF eventually dismantled for parts
    79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
    79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
    79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Sorry guys...

I'm sorry about the lawn that didn't get mowed and the refrigerator that didn't get moved. All for lack of planning on my part.
      You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
      Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
      Drilled airbox
      Tkat fork brace
      Hardly mufflers
      late model carbs
      Newer style fuses
      Oil pressure guage
      Custom security system
      Stainless braid brake lines

Comment

"I'm sorry about the lawn that didn't get mowed and the refrigerator that didn't get moved. All for lack of planning on my part"

great meeting you PlaneDick
        it was a good ride 1/2 up Mt. Hamilton, and just hangin'
        good finally getting the honor of seeing Pathfinder - sorry you had tranny 'clunks' on the trip... 'hope you've had a chance to check that out.

...actually the frig *finally* got delivered and Pat Kelly showed up at my house to loan me a lawnmower - at 10:30PM
        ...so I had just enough time Sunday morning to mow the lawn before the Open House happened...

you could've met a few more people had you called a *few* days before you showed up - instead of calling from "right down the road"...

next time give us some more 'warning' and we can make a 'real' ride...

1980 XS1100SG

Comment

Working...
        X