Anybody want to go fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to go fishing?

My wife just got a roll of film devolped from this summer.....here I am with a Smallmouth Bass in Lake Ontario.

I use all ultra light tackle, so this fish was caught on either 4 or 6lb test line (since that is all I use). These babies are a blast to catch.
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

I'll see your fish story and give you mine

This is friends and family about 40 miles out in the Gulf in a 24 foot run-about. Those are red snapper, and them's good eating! We brought in 20 of these (limit for the boat).
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Oh Yeah! Who else has got a fish tale.....post your pics here !!
      Gary Granger

Comment

Heh, notice the Yamaha outboard motor
        1979 XS11F Standard - Maya - 1196cc (out of order)
        1978 XS11E Standard - Nina - 1101cc
        http://www.livejournal.com/~xs11

Comment

Heh, notice the Yamaha outboard motor
          Yah! There were TWO of them . . . 250 horses each! On a 24 foot boat. We were shooting across 5 foot swell at 38 knots! They are really nice motors . . . 4-cycle, fuel injected. You could not hear them running at idle, and at WOT people sitting (clinging) in the back of the boat could still talk. The motors could barely be heard over the wind.
          CUAgain,
          Daniel Meyer
          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

Gary,
            Great fish!!!!! What did it weigh??looks like about 7-8 pds?? if it's bigger not insult intended ..in these parts a 4-6 ponder is a trophy...we have big large mouth bass but small-mouth bass are farther north ....I used to catch them in ARKANSAS in my undergraduate days.. Since moving to TX I have seen some large mouth bass in the 15lb class...but only seem to catch the 2-3 pounders...caught a 42 pound Opp Flathead Catfish and thought it was big...until a local showed me the picture of his two catfish 96 and 75 respectively...WOW!!!
            Shack
            Shack
            79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
            2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
            Oct 02
            2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
            3176 miles

Comment

Not sure on the weight....you should see the 30-40lb King Salmon I catch on a fly rod (Steel heads, Brown Trout, and Coho's too!) When i first moved up here a caught a 13lb. Walleye....havent caught one as big since. Good fishing up here.
              Gary Granger

Comment

Working...
              X