Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my search for a 650 I ran across this slightly bruised and dented 1100, With a questionable paint job. But 16k on the clock the carbs have been jetted supertrapp 4 into 1 not sure who the seat is from. Came with a perfect stock seat a generic 4 into 1 center stand service manual. Guy had went over the bars and took the pilot box and gauges out. no damage to the forks or wheel. Just a tank dent from the drag bars right where the tank says "dream lover" <- questionable paint.
    I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

welcome

Welcome to the forum! As I'm sure you've figured out, this place is a wealth of knowledge that's only a mouse-click away.

From the pic, it looks to me like you picked up a Special (maybe a '79?) from the round headlight and instrument cluster. Those more knowledgeable than me can chime in with verification or correction... Or you can if you received title. For the ease of people helping in the future, put what year and model you have in your signature.

Congratulations on your newest XSive hobby!

BTW- whereabouts in MI are you?
    Last edited by Erik the Red; 06-06-2007, 11:26 AM.
    -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
    '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
    ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Seems to me that I saw this bike or a bike like it not too long ago on Ebay?

Tod
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Hi Ds,
        the '80 Special came with slotted brake rotors. You are also missing the quite substantial cast aluminum grab rail that my '80 Special uses to carry it's tail light on while your tail light is mounted on the numberplate bracket.
        While your bike don't have a grab rail at all, my guess is it's '79 or earlier and (I think) those machines had a chromed steel tube grab rail instead of the '80 casting?
        Fred Hill, S'toon.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I should have been more clear. It's a 79 Special. the grab bar is chrome tube and in the garage I removed it when I adjusted the rear shocks up 1 position. The other question I'm in Millington witch is east of Birch Run. Not sure if it was on ebay but I found it on craigslist and bought it for the tidy sum of 650.00. Not to bad considering the shape it's in other then minor damage. It looks worse in the pictures because I drove it from the garage to the barn down the muddy driveway. Look forward to gleaning some information.
          I hate signatures. Too many cars and Bikes to list here.

Comment

I'm a couple hours away from you. I'm sure that there are other members closer. Reply to this thread: Members; MI, OH and you can put in your info for others to see. You also get to see where other nearby XSives live.
            -Do what makes you happy.

'79 Honda CB 750 K (2)
            '78 XS 11 E - "Rhona"
            ...and a 2nd E, for the goodies on it.

Comment

Working...
            X