Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accessories

Hi folks....

As a new owner (from Canada) of a XJ1100, I was wondering where to get some bolt on accessories for my bike. I'm guessing after-market would be the way, but I'm wondering if there are any of the shops (online in Ontario etc) to start looking. Hopefully you can still get parts where they just bolt on with little or no fuss. I'm leaning towards a windshield (to fit the square handlebars on the XJ), a set of hardshell saddle bags, a backrest and possibly some highway pegs or floorboards (do they make these for XJ's??) Basically, the bike will be stock other than the above items.

I had a look at Royal Distributing here in Ontario but they seem to lean towards parts for newer bikes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....

A
    From an old time biker... "Ya wanna check on the weather before ya go on a tour?....Look up!!!!!"

Scroll down!

Hi Aircon,
    go back to "Forum" and scroll down to "XS & XJ parts for sale" and see what they got on ofer.
    Some offers come & go but Andreas Weiss' ad is always there. I have gotten nothing but good parts & service from Andreas.
    Fred Hill, S'toon.
    Fred Hill, S'toon
    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Hey Aircon,

Bad news....the XJ in it's latest form from Canada is still 23 years old, and essentially nobody provides these types of accessories for our machines anymore. You can find UNIVERSAL saddlebags on Ebay, as well as possibly floorboards in catalogs like JC Whitney. Windshields will probably be easier, but again, mounting to rectangular bars vs. round may prove a little challenging? Same thing for back rest or luggage rack. NOS or gently used is what you can hope to find....happy hunting on Ebay!
      T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Winshields in a few different styles are made by Slip Streamer for the 82 xj1100 and the adapter kits to fit the square handlebars.
        On line at [URL=http://www.denniskirk.com] They also have other accessories but for the xj will probably need to be universal fit.
        Or
        www.slipstreamer.com with a menu link to dealers in Canada with online links.
        XJ1100 Ruby Red
        XS1100LH "Midnight"
        1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Wow, messed up those links.
          www.denniskirk.com

and www.slipstreamer.com
          XJ1100 Ruby Red
          XS1100LH "Midnight"
          1972 MGB Roadster "sold"

Comment

Hey Aircon,
            Welcome! I made my backrest and had to make windshield brackets as well.

Here is a tip on making a backrest

and the windshield bracket

Good Luck!
            JimBoReeno
            My Ex!"Half-Breed"
            '82 XJ1100 Maxim with
            '80 XS1100SG Motor

Current Bike
            2000 Indian Chief
            Millennium Edition

Comment

I always welcome another Ontario rider, and an XJ to boot!

I would keep a sharp eye on ebay, I picked up most of my bolt-ons from those bikes sadly parted out. Many of the XS parts will fit, engine wise, but the rest are XJ exclusive. When you search for parts on commercial sites, make sure you select the 82 XJ, no matter what year you have.

Cheers!
              1984 XJ1100 - 79 cams, XS850 FD, XS triple tree/euro cafe bars, hydraulic clutch, bar end mirrors, yamaha R1 rear mono-shock
              1972 CL350 - clubmans, Mike's XS coils/condenser, '98 Yamaha R1 rearsets (If I can find some at a decent price)

Comment

Hey where abouts in Ontario are you? I'm in Ottawa
                Rob
                KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN

1978 XS1100E Modified
                1978 XS500E
                1979 XS1100F Restored
                1980 XS1100 SG
                1981 Suzuki GS1100
                1983 Suzuki GS750S Katana
                1983 Honda CB900 Custom

Comment

Thanks for the info folks...excellent tips!!

A....

Barrie, Ontario
                  From an old time biker... "Ya wanna check on the weather before ya go on a tour?....Look up!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                  X