Kharma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kharma?

Wed morning the tank bag was stolen off my MNS at work. The idiot looked all around then removed it and stuck it in the trailer of his bicycle. He never looked-up at the camera. Inside the tankbag was an empty dufflebag and a cargo net.
    Using our cameras (I'm the security supervisor) we followed him to the ER where we saw he was visiting a patient. I asked the ED security officer if he knew who the patient was, he did.
    Through the wonders of the internet I found the suspects name, phone number and address along with the same info on his sister and mother.
    It just happens the same idiot returned the next day and the dayshift talked to him (why didn't they call me?!?!?). He had the cargo net with him so I got that back. He told the dayshift that he'd return the other stuff but several days went by and nothing (why didn't they call me ?!?!?!).
    I was all set to start calling him at 2, 3, and 4 am to return my stuff. If not I'd then call his mother at 2, 3, and 4 am to have him return my stuff. If it wasn't back that day he could return it to the police station and referance it to the case number.
    I never got to make the calls, the tankbag and duffle were at work when I got here last night.
    I did call him and thank him for returning it.
    Pat Kelly
    <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
    1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
    2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
    1999 Suburban (The Ship)
    1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
    1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

I sure would have liked to have listened in on that one!
    "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Was this call placed at 2, 3 or 4 this morning?

You were lucky that things turned out so well. Glad you were able to get your stuff returned...
      81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

You are far more patient than I would've been.

I'd have likely paid him a visit with a baseball bat...probably not the best solution.

Thieves piss me off.

Glad you got your stuff back!
        80 XS1100SG
        81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

I learned that technique way back when I worked at a convience store (and I looked a bit scarier).
          The mgr. would call people that wrote bad checks to us. After a week she'd turn them over to me and I'd call at 3am asking them to make good on the check. After a few calls in the wee hours they'd usually comply.
          My favorites were:

"I'm gonna come down there and kick your a$$!!!!!"
          to which I'd reply,
          "Ok, and when you do could you please bring $7.43 to cover the bad check you wrote?"
          No one ever tried to kick my a$$ over this.
          Pat Kelly
          <p-lkelly@sbcglobal.net>

1978 XS1100E (The Force)
          1980 XS1100LG (The Dark Side)
          2007 Dodge Ram 2500 quad-cab long-bed (Wifes ride)
          1999 Suburban (The Ship)
          1994 Dodge Spirit (Son #1)
          1968 F100 (Valentine)

"No one is totally useless. They can always be used as a bad example"

Comment

Not trying to hijack the thread!

But since it is a "Kharma" thread . . . . ,

Went to the WaWa station today to fill up for the upcoming week's worth of commuting. A tropical depression had blown in over the night, and was misty/rainy. While I got out and started the refueling process, something caught the corner of my eye.

I noticed some bubbles coming from the right rear tire, the one close to the gas tank fill spout. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the + shaped pattern of a flat head countersinked phillips screw all the way into the tread! Luckily, I've got decent eyesight, and pay attention to things to have spotted it BEFORE it went flat.

I went to the local B-J's(wholesale store/auto dept) to see if they could fix it. Two of their work bays were full, said it would be an hour or so, and due to their insurance, I wasn't allowed to use their other empty bays to change it to put the spare on!

So....I drove off, determined to get it done quickly, found a bank drive thru close by...being SUNDAY wasn't being used, NICE AND DRY! Did the tire change.....the Xterra has a full sized spare, and took the "screwed" tire back to the shop and dropped it off while I went grocery shopping. Came back an hour later and they had it fixed/patched, swapped it out with my spare and helped me mount the spare back into it's chain sling.

IF it hadn't been raining, IF the tire hadn't stopped with the screw showing on the top of the tire, I could've been left with a much worse situation later on?

I like good kharma! T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

bad checks

Long ago did collections for a place called Clarks Clothers.
              After several calls and no responce would use the phone book that had listings by address. Would call there neighbors and ask them to give a message to the dead beat. (was legal then)

This generated some interesting conversations and expanded my vocabulary.

mro

Comment

Working...
              X