Moonshine Attempt #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonshine Attempt #2

For anyone in the area, since the April run was such a wash-out guess there's a mini-moonshine run next month. Just a meet at the store for a burger and swapping some stories. Hope I didn't just jinx the weather! Have a look........
    http://www.st-owners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21670
    "Elvira"
    '80 XS1100LG

I had heard about this, and meant to try and find the date.

Too far away for good planning, though (For me, anyway, but I don't know what I am doing now). We will have to see.
    I've been in more than one Hemisphere, and I wrote a book to help you do it too (or just prepare better for that week long road trip). Going Small, not just for the little guys.

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ine&pr=goog-sl
      Time for a Moonburger!!
      "Elvira"
      '80 XS1100LG

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ine&pr=goog-sl OK, Will try this link again. May have to have Midnight1980 show me how!?! LOL!!!

Was a great day! Bike count was around 185 +/- ! I think they were EXpecting around 50 or so.
        Rolled in around 10:30 this morn. While removing gear a guy came right up "Man, I haven't seen one of those in a long time" !!
        I was the ONLY Yamaha for quite some time 'till some V-Stars pulled in, and did see one Venturer. I think I can say with some certainty that I was the only in-line, and XS11!!!
        Link is from last years run I think? Probably didn't work anyway!
        All in all, was a good day! Do have some issues with the 'ol girl, but will save that for tech sec. and later time.
        Last edited by 80mdnt11; 06-16-2007, 09:15 PM.
        "Elvira"
        '80 XS1100LG

Comment

I think it was 185 degrees inside the store and I swear there were 185 people inside when I went in to order my magical moon burger. When I went out to eat it a bird added one more condiment before I got to the table. I saw your bike there but I wasn't sure it was yours. I rode my venture up there as I had to pick up mass quanities over in effingham on the way home. The mns looked pretty clean,I wish I had the discipline to keep mine so clean.

Comment

So John, That may have been yours I seen? Wish I would have known you were going. Really would have liked to meet! Another XSesive to shoot the breeze with!!
            Had heard about the rides in Flora & Effingham, couldn't make 'em. Just too dang busy!!
            Noble has bike show on the 29th at the park. May go if it cools off a little! We'll see? Would be really to have two Midnights there!!
            Were you parked over by Sitty Hall? As for the discipline, not really. Just haven't wore the shine off the new paint & clear yet. But thanks anyway!!
            "Elvira"
            '80 XS1100LG

Comment

I didn't think i was going to have time to go until the last minute or I would have rode down with you guys. There is a bike and car show in flora this saturday. I put the mns in the show last year and brought home a trophy and some prizes. The attendees of the show vote for thier favorites.There were a couple of hd owners there that didn't get it and a guy that had just spent about 30 grand or more on a new big dog custom that got beat out by the lowly mns. I put some pics on the frapper of my bikes but the venture has since bounced off of the side of a truck and doesn't quite look the same.
              John R.

Comment

charlie brown park?

May have to see about that? I know what you mean "last minute" !! Good to here MNS still holding thier own & then some.
                Yea, 30 GRAND!!??! Man, what's the deal???? Can't see it.
                "Elvira"
                '80 XS1100LG

Comment

Working...
                X