No announcement yet.

Talimena Run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hippy Dave and I discussed this at great length. We decided all that stuff was Hobbyman's fault. We couldn't let some kid show us up...

Like when I went to the front of the pack to take some pics of everyone behind me... Ol' Hobbyman thought I was taking off, so here he came. As he went by... surely Dave and I couldn't let that go un-answered. It was like a leather gloved slap to the face! See... here I am minding my own business... and here comes Hobbyman! Poor ol' Hippy Dave was being nice and mellow... and there goes Andrew! So here came Dave. See...

We just couldn't let a kid do that to us!

Plus... I know pot holes are easier to miss at slower speeds than the posted legal speed limits that I strive to obey at all times. *Cough choke gasp..

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Funny... now I here I was thinking...

(yeah... look out!)

ANYway... here I was thinking... that you all were simply trying to fly over them... Probably would have too... one way or another...

Plus... I know pot holes are easier to miss at slower speeds than the posted legal speed limits that I strive to obey at all times. *Cough choke gasp..
      Ummmmm... yeah...

81 SH Something Special
      81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
      81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
      80 LG Black Magic
      78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
      For those on FB

Comment

I let you get your photos Then I decided to open it up. Lets not forget what happened at the meeting of the XSesive minds rally. I seem to recall you off in the distance.
        Hey Tod, give me a call when you get a chance. I left you a message and sent you a pm.
        United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
        If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
        "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
        "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
        Acta Non Verba

Comment

You only saw me in the distance because I was chasing Kat! I was trying to catch up to her to get her to slow down a little as she sped past the police station in the triple digits! (So let's hear some more about us crazy GUYS young lady!?) But as I recall... at that point YOU were ahead of me!? I was still holding back taking it easy on those new bearings...

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100

Comment

Yeah well...

I figured the safest place to do a high-speed anything was next to the police station... because there aren't too many officers there at that time of night...

and the only reason I give y'all such a hard time about your speed... is because the XS won't go that fast (yet)... However... the FJ will... again... soon... hopefully...

Have fun this weekend... be careful... and keep your bike together Tod...

again.... I say...

81 SH Something Special
            81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
            80 LG Black Magic
            78 E Standard Practice

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
            For those on FB

Comment

We couldn't let some kid show us up...
              is because the XS won't go that fast
              It was like a leather gloved slap to the face!
              .... ......

mro

Comment

I knew I should have clarified that one...

Okay... maybe the 81 will go that fast... but not with me riding it...
                I ride 2 bikes for a reason... one is for cruising... and the other one isn't...

81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                80 LG Black Magic
                78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                For those on FB

Comment

3 bikes you know not

one riden by person called hobbyman, another by trbig
                  and then one by Wildkat

who would you bet on?

mro

Comment

Trbig EVERY time!! Somethin's just not right about that boy!! lol..

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100

Comment

Talimena run

Had lunch and a great visit with Tod and Andrew today. I took a couple of pics and will post later. Have to find a place to put them first and figure out how to link to them.
                      Jim
                      Mena, AR

Comment

Thanks!

Was wondering how they were doing... looks like maybe some pretty decent weather up that way too..

For loading the pictures... you can try Photodump.com
                        It's free and has step by step instructions...
                        81 SH Something Special

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                        80 LG Black Magic
                        78 E Standard Practice

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                        For those on FB

Comment

Bike's down...waiting on a part.
                          CUAgain,
                          Daniel Meyer
                          Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                          Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

I made it back... Andrew should be a couple hours later. I was just wondering, Skippy.... is this a properly loaded Packmule?? That back rack I built was put to the test! It worked out great for us though.

We had an awesome, awesome ride! We got rained on for about two hours yesterday, (Saturday) but besides that... weather was beautiful! We met up in Talihina Thursday and set up camp, then went for a ride all around southeastern Oklahoma and southwestern Arkansas between 2-300 miles. We finished that ride up by a rather dumb, but INTENSELY fabulous ride at very high speeds across the Talimena Trail from Mena to Talihina late at night! We got to calibrate to the finest distance of our angle of attack indicators... lol (Foot pegs). The moon was full, and it was a once in a lifetime thrill ride. We only passed one car on the 55 miles!

Friday we broke camp, rode the Talimena Trail again (A little slower) and met up in Mena with Jim (opajim). Talked bikes and life a bit and ate lunch.. he even bought! We then cruised on to Ouachita (Pronounced Wa****a, yeah it doesn't like those 4 letters together! lol) State Park outside of Hot Springs, Arkansas and set up camp again for the next couple days. We cruised into town and looked around a bit... then a bit more Saturday morning and went through the Fordyce bath house and looked around, then went on a ride of about 300 miles or so. It rained at first, but then turned out beautiful! We found a road that wound through the mountains that was a better ride (We thought) than the Talimena Trail! It's not as long, but man was it fun! Today, we wound around some back roads and found our way home. I put on @ 1300 miles, but Andrew went more since he rode further to get there. It would have been great if you guys could have joined us, but as it turned out... we got to ride where and when we wanted... and HOW we wanted! *Evil grin... lol.

Hope to see you guys in a couple weeks at John and Kat's.

Tod

Current bikes:
                            '06 Suzuki DR650
                            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                            '81 XS1100 Special
                            '81 YZ250
                            '80 XS850 Special
                            '80 XR100

Comment

Yes, It was AWESOME. Never been on a ride like that ever. Just don't tell them how fast we were running on the Talimena trail. Camping was awesome. HaHaHa, Tod built a smoke I can't wait to do a trip like this again. I have never ever done anything this exciting. Even on the way home we hit awesome roads. BTW Tod, My tire is almost as worn as your's. Its a good thing I will only be here a month so I don't need another tire. Even when it rained we were having tons of fun. I wish I had a camera.
                              United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
                              If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
                              "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
                              "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
                              Acta Non Verba

Comment

LOL... Glad you made it home safe and sound.

The camp site got rained on so our wood was all wet. We tried to make a fire... but ended up just making a smoke! We were really good at it too! lol. Not so much fire.. but boy did we keep everyone in the sites mosquitos away for them!

Tod

Current bikes:
                                '06 Suzuki DR650
                                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                                '81 XS1100 Special
                                '81 YZ250
                                '80 XS850 Special
                                '80 XR100

Comment

Working...
                                X