Honey bees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey bees...

I was splitten lanes today in a stopped interchange and got to the place where two lanes merge into one, so I was sitting behind a cage, feet down and paddle footin' along at about 1 MPH when I was suddenly engulfed in a swarm of honey bees. Nothing I could do legally, so I went to the left shoulder and put the "bug smasher" to work. I got away without a single sting, but the windshield and fairing is a mess. I had to stop at a gas station in Corona and hose it down. Lucky I carry some towels with me so I didn't have t o use those "gas station" paper towels on my windshield.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Never had a bee problem.
    Did go thru a cloud of yellow butterflies once on my way to Redding, Hit em going 75 on hy 5. No windshield, bugs covered all forward facing surfaces including me.

mro
    btw, they taste awful and wings are hard to swallow

Comment

Loud noises

My dad used to be an beekeeper and I recall they are attracted to loud noises and bright things. At least that is what he believed. You ever have a bee fly up your shorts at 70? What a thrill.
      2 - 80 LGs bought one new
      81 LH
      02 FXSTB Nighttrain
      22 FLTRK Road Glide Limited
      Jim

Comment

been in pest control for almost 30years. What you hit was a bee colony moving. They will move for several different reasons, old nest outgrown or disturbed..etc. Lickily they are not very aggresive when they do this. Alot of the mess is from the honey they will eat to move to their new nesting spot.
        78E ... Gone but not forgotten
        2006 Kawasaki Concours....just getting to know it

Comment

Working...
        X