Anybody going hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody going hunting?

I am taking this year off, but was wondering how many of you were getting ready to hit the woods or if anybody already has one in the freezer?

Here is a picture of me hunting deer in Canada last year:

Ok that's not really me.....I never wear shorts when hunting!!
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

2x24

nice seat, shorts are mandatory in canada during hunting season,test your manhood lol.already got mine its at the butchers as we speak small but what the ....... too cold to stay ou
    t in the shorts good huntin ,,,doug
    Doug Mitchell
    82 XJ1100 sold
    2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
    2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
    1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
    47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Just be carefull out there, you never know what might happen these days.

[b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
      The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

If all else fails you can always go rabbit hunting.
        They grow 'em bigger in Texas of course.

[b][size=4][font=times][color=#BD0062]Wayne[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        [b][size=4][font=times][color=#095de5]TeXSive forever[/color][/font][/size][/b]
        The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome.

Comment

I went deer hunting on Sat for about 3 hours...I was 18 feet in the air if a pine tree thick cover and breezy....I heard something running and looked down the valley and there she was a beautiful 300lb hog!! Black and taking a bath!!! I put the crosshairs on the shoulder area and squeased the trigger and..............she ran off... 50 mph!!! I couldn't believe how fast a hog can run!!! I missed and have taken some heat from my buddies since they have at least tagged 1 deer a piece!!! I guess I will have to trade some catfish for deer if I don't,shape up!!!
          Shack
          Shack
          79 xs11 Special "SOLD Aug 26 2003"
          2001 GSF K 1200 Bandit "BIG 12"
          Oct 02
          2001 GSF Naked + Black 1200 Dec 03
          3176 miles

Comment

I'm taking off for aweek in 1 week for pa. deer season.
            Madbiker
            Midnight Sp.

Comment

I don't even need to go hunting anymore, my dad called and told me he got two deer Monday and one on Tuesday (plus one with the bow) and his freezer was full. So I had to take one home with me today......furthest one he shot was less than 100yrds from his house. Who's coming over for some venison roast??
              Gary Granger
              Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
              2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

I'm taking off from work the first week of our antlered deer-rifle season. It is the week of Thanksgiving in West Virginia.
                I doubt that I can have a repeat of last year [couldn't be that lucky again].
                Last year I got a four pt. on the first morning; dragged it aprox. 150 yards to get it into my yard. Then, my son [16 yrs. old then] got his first buck on the third day of the season. He was barely out the front door 30 minutes and got a nice 3 pt. This was his first opportunity to go hunting that season due to a part-time job during the Holidays. We dragged it aprox. 200 yds. to get it into our yard.
                We just got four inches of fresh snow last night, calling for more snow on the opening day, Monday. 'Should make for some good hunting.
                Greg
                1980 XS1100-G
                1982 CX500 Custom
                1979 XL250-S

Comment

Did not fill my tag this year. Only went for two days because of work. We went approx. 60 miles northeast of Tonopah, NV. Beautiful country on Mt. Wilson. Took three kids with us that will be able to put in for next year. They had a blast. Also, this is right outside Belmont, NV. Belmont is a popular ride. A little bar in the middle of bum**** called Dirty Dick's. I encourage anyone going near Tonopah or Fallon to go visit.

Comment

Today was "opening day" here. I got a nice 6 pt. buck this morning with a single shot, just barely piercing the upper edge of the heart. I dragged it aprox. 125 yds. to get it into my yard.
                    My 17 yr. old son, Adam, got a spike buck. Unfortunately, it had gang-green form a previous incident [Bowhunting wound?] . We won't be eating it needless to say. Due to the extra $10 fee for an "extra buck stamp" we each paid, I suppose we'll both be hunting again tomorrow.
                    We missed out on that opening day snow, but it's still to cold to ride.
                    Greg
                    1980 XS1100-G
                    1982 CX500 Custom
                    1979 XL 250-S

Comment

Yeeeee Haaaaa!!!
                      I filled my tag so to say. I got my second buck,a 5 pt. on Wed. evening. It had come out to graze with the six does and five turkeys that I had been watching!
                      Greg
                      1980 XS1100-G
                      1982 CX500 Custom
                      1979 XL250-S

Comment

Working...
                      X