The fat lady is warming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fat lady is warming up.

Renee and I started our house search about 2 months ago. After getting outbid (5 to 13k over listed price) 4 times in a row, we finally dialed in a new, yet to be built house. We just completed 8 hours of pickin out options and colors. This included everthing from carpet to where the phone jacks go. I was fried. I wasn't gettin to excited, waiting for Murphy to show up and give me a quick shot 'tween the legs. Well, they start building next week. They told me would take about 3-4 months before completion, maybe sooner. I aint in no hurry and I won't call it done till I have a set of keys in my hand. But, its looking mucho good at this point. Now, for the good stuff. The builder is very cooperative about custom stuff. The important room (garage) has been dialed in. Cable jack, 6 extra outlets, 2 of them on seperate 30amp circuits. 220/1p outlet (not for the dryer either), 2 recessed, 4 lamp fixtures in the ceiling, seperatley switched, floodlight for the driveway and an external outlet by the garage door on a GFI. Whats really cool is I have found simulated, diamond plate paneling for the walls. Nuthins too good for my XS to live in.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

diamond plate paneling !!!

sounds XSive...
    Congratulations
    I hate waiting for pics

mro

Comment

When is the XSive house warming party?

Comment

ongrats are in order webbcraft2150 good for you guy's Home ownership is the best!!! Listen I can not help with any mortorcycle issue cause I am A newbee but, If you and Renee have any Real Estate or Mortgage Issues I can steer you the right way.

Tonio
        tonio
        81 xs eleven special

Comment

That was congrats short for Congratulations!
          Was trying to edit but I got a call in the middle and my ten minutes were up.

Tonio
          tonio
          81 xs eleven special

Comment

Originally posted by John
            When is the XSive house warming party?
            Hmmmm??? Could be a good reason to host the 2008 Meeting of the Minds. That outa get the HOA Bluehairs goin. I should have everything dialed in and a virgin concrete floor waiting for baptism.

Comment

Congrats on the house.
              Tell more about the diamond plate stuff. What and where from?
              "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

I was killin time and just punched in "diamond plate paneling" and up it came. Kinda pricy for being paneling, but the cool factor would be worth it. Since then, I found diamond plate wall paper. They had a satin finsh and some high tech, milar polished looking stuff, much cheaper. I call em and they are ending samples of both products. Both of them are supposed to be "heavy duty" applications like garages and work shops. I will let yall know what it looks like when the samples get here.

Did I loose any man-points 'cause I was lookin at wallpaper sites?

Comment

Originally posted by webbcraft2150
                  I was killin time and just punched in "diamond plate paneling" and up it came. Kinda pricy for being paneling, but the cool factor would be worth it. Since then, I found diamond plate wall paper. They had a satin finsh and some high tech, milar polished looking stuff, much cheaper. I call em and they are ending samples of both products. Both of them are supposed to be "heavy duty" applications like garages and work shops. I will let yall know what it looks like when the samples get here.

Did I loose any man-points 'cause I was lookin at wallpaper sites?
                  Only if you were looking at girly wallpaper.LOL
                  1980 XS1100g

Comment

If there were flowers or fleur de lac's anywhere, you must take a man-point deduction.
                    80 XS1100SG
                    81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

If there were flowers or fleur de lac's anywhere

Simply knowing what a fleur de lac is should be a man point deduction! lol.. Still don't know.. hate to look it up and lose a point also.

Tod
                      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                      '06 Suzuki DR650
                      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                      '81 XS1100 Special
                      '81 YZ250
                      '80 XS850 Special
                      '80 XR100
                      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

deux démérites pour les fleurs stinky.....

mro

Comment

Talkin French should be a deduction all by itself, unless you're from Quebec or Nawlins.
                          XS1100SF
                          XS1100F

Comment

oorspronkelijk gepost door oseaghdha
                            Talkin(het spreken) het Frans zou een conclusie moeten zijn allen alleen
                            Eigenlijk gezegd niets, typte het

mro

Comment

fluff

Its like those French have a different word for everything!
                              Gone but never Forgotten:
                              1980 XS11SG - "Scorpion"

Current:
                              2006 Yamaha FJR1300A - "Orion"
                              2007 Honda CBR600RR - "Twitch"

"Life is not a journey to the grave, with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid on broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming:

WOW - What a ride!

Comment

Working...
                              X