Possable Rally Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possable Rally Idea

Just a preliminary rally idea: the Superbike races at Laguna Seca outside of Monterey are held the weekend after Independence Day weekend. Even if you don't go to the races, the city of Monterey closes Cannery Row to cars and opens it up to "bikes only." Bike Night at Cannery Row! It's a hoot! Hell of a party! I've dreamed of seeing a half dozen XS11's parked together on Cannery Row..
    DiverRay and I could host a meet here in the Santa Cruz mountains. A BBQ at a local park, put up some riders, give you a guided tour (with or without local vintners and micro breweries,) and a group ride to Monterey for "Bike Night.:"
    E.Liberty
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

I've been through Monterey a few times. I can tell you this is a great idea and I'm jealous of anyone that makes it there. Mucky Duck does a pretty good burger. Good luck. Hope it works out!
    78 xs1100E standard

Comment

Ed, do you have dates for those events, just to make sure?
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

mail

Joshua............check your PM's
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I'll get back to you on that Loho.
          E.Liberty

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"

Comment

I'll be waving hi to you guys... from Iowa, anybody here know what is supposed to be "knee high by the fourth of July"? And i'll give you a hint, its not a May baby.

Kyle
            Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

1979 XS1100 SF (Nickeled)
            1983 Porsche 944 (Dimed)(KIA: Rollover)

Comment

Would that be corn?

Comment

you win! corn indeed. exciting isnt it

Comment

"knee high by the fourth of July"

On my way out to my Mom's place go past several farms.
                  Corn was "knee high" over a week ago.
                  When they start picking they load up these trailers and tow em down Sellars road. On a good day can pick up couple dozen ears that have fallen off and have not been run over.

mro

Comment

Sounds like you figured out your way to cheep sweet corn man.. good job mro...

Comment

cheep sweet corn

Years ago had a BBQ at one of the beaches on an island in the Delta. Get there by boat only. Took a look over the levee and there's this field with these humongous ears of corn

Had never seen corn look sooo good.

Borrowed some and one of the gals cooked it up...
                      Know what kind a corn it was?

mro

Comment

Marijuana corn??? jk. Cali always has small sweet corn. I've visited relatives and had sweet corn there. We made fun of it and said it looked like the crappy mini corn in Mu Shu pork. haha Every time they come to Iowa they demand sweet corn and cottage cheese. Apparently one of these Des Moines dairies is magical..

Comment

Bike Nite Cannery Row

My computer crashed, and I'm having trouble getting info from the city of Monterey regarding bike nite. I guess they aren't encouraging it, but why not? Bikers got money! No?
                          When I get an answere I'll pass it on.
                          E.Liberty

Comment

Working...
                          X