Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ssssnnnNNNIIIIIFFFFFFFfffff. Hmm. Barbeque?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssssnnnNNNIIIIIFFFFFFFfffff. Hmm. Barbeque?

Yep, I’m craving some barbeque. I could just run up the street…there’s several excellent places around here.

Hmmm…the time of year can’t be coincidental.

I can almost smell it.

Ah...Robber’s Cave! There’s some friends gathering at Robber’s Cave State Park in Oklahoma. (it’s an annual thing) for barbeque and whatnot.

It’s only a couple hundred miles...the motorcycle's calling...

200 miles for barbeque. That’s reasonable, right?

Well, except that’s each way.

400 miles for barbeque. That’s reasonable, right?

(checks the map)

Well, except THAT road looks kind of interesting...and the back way up...ohhhh...THAT’S a neat town name...Annona, English, Negley, Valiant, Swink, “Y City” (at a “Y” in the road of course)...I’ve never been to some of these.

I’m thinking I’ve gotta run through some of these places...of course, that leads me way the hell out of the way...clear into Arkansas if I’m not paying attention. Ah, the Talhinia Parkway...haven’t run that in a while (and the last time was in the pouring rain...at 2am).

Hmmm. Somehow it’s suddenly 400 (plus) miles instead of 200. Well, one way.

Heck, I can take the 200 way back. Should be a nice night run home...especially after barbeque.

Yah. That’ll work.

600 miles for barbeque. That’s reasonable, right?

I’ll see you on the road.
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Have a safe trip. I have honestly never been to Robber's Cave yet... keep thinking about it and heard it's a neat place, just never made it there.

Take care and hopefully see you next month.

Tod
    Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
    '06 Suzuki DR650
    *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
    '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
    '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
    '81 XS1100 Special
    '81 YZ250
    '80 XS850 Special
    '80 XR100
    *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

call me jealous

Oh guys....... knock it off........ Y City ,,,, when you get there Dan make sure you check out the Trailer house on the same land as midway restaurant.... It may have a different name by now. I heard it changed hands. The trailer house I mentioned is cool.... two trailers stacked 90 degrees off. Making a + if viewed from above.... Really cool idea. It has been there since when I was a kid. Very impressive.

Robber's Cave is awesome..... make sure you take some hiking shoes. Lotsa easy rock climbing and ........ I don't remember if it was the yellow or the red trail that was supposed to be easiest.

Some areas were kinda tough........ my brother-in-law is about Tod's size and he could barely get through some of the tight climbing spots. I, of course, am a totally different story.

Yo Tod, read that any way you like......

I ain't bustin on ya.
      Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
      S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
      1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

600 miles for barbeque. That’s reasonable, right?

mouths begining to water
        Not 2, 4, 0r 600....
        like 30 round trip
        and will need to get there in the next hour so can
        enjoy it with out having to wolf it down before they close.

thanks Dragonrider

mro
        btw, doing a Sunday barbeque at my Mom's.
        Salmon (my specialty) and what ever my brother and sisters bring.

Comment

Hmmmm... I love salmon, but not what comes to mind when someone says "Bar-B-Q". I'm not picky though... beef OR pork ribs.. brisket.. chopped beef sandwiches..Mmmmmm. A little more of that kind of food and I really won't fit through ANY of those tight spots!

And Mark... I will read that any way I want... and I will be bustin' on you! lol.. You're lucky Kat is going to have food there to distract me next month! It's funny.... my bike hasn't leaked a drop of oil since I have been home..... #$%^@&!! I thought for sure the crank seal had gone out AGAIN.... replaced it probably 4 or 5 times now. As hard as I had been riding... it really didn't surprise me to see that "Puddle". I'm glad it was just a "Buddy" (Yeah.. using that very loosely!) lol.. being a wise-azz.. I owe you.

Tod

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
          '06 Suzuki DR650
          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
          '81 XS1100 Special
          '81 YZ250
          '80 XS850 Special
          '80 XR100

Comment

Hey Tod, about that one puddle. I am suprised you didn't notice that Mark never got up after we got to that resturant. Yet how many times did I go to the bathroom?
            United States Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY
            If I can do it at 18 yrs old, anyone can
            "You know something, You can't polish a turd"
            "What are you rebelling against", "Well, what do you got?"
            Acta Non Verba

Comment

robbers cave

a reason to drive 400 miles for barbecue!!!

thats all for now......... Dan, go and take some more pictures for us!
              Mark A. Guthrie TSgt USAF (ret)
              S&M Comp. Serv. Inc. V.P.
              1981 XS11SH XCaliber

Comment

The second picture looks like everyone's waiting on their turn to pee.... and Mark couldn't wait!! lol..

Andrew... as high as the cost of oil and gas is... that's getting to be an expensive joke! On second thought... maybe I don't want to go on another ride with you! lol..

Tod

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100

Comment

As usual, straight lines don't work so well for me. I headed from Dallas to Arkansas, ran the Talamena parkway from end to end, hit robbers cave, ate barbeque, met with friends, and then took the somewhat straighter road home.

Made it home around 2am last night. Met lots of interesting folks, saw towns and roads I'd never seen before, and all in all, put in around 700 miles.

It was a gorgeous day for a ride!
                  CUAgain,
                  Daniel Meyer
                  Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
                  Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

gorgeous day for a ride!

Friday night bbq was not that great....altho the saint louis style ribs were OK.

Too days bbq at my mom's (only 108 miles round trip and was a beautiful day for riding) was most Xscellant.
                    Brother brought fresh scallops and I brought a bottle of vodka with some kippered hearing for snacks. Then BBQ'ed two salmon filets (smeared with butter, then several douses of my grand ma's Portugese sauce applied while cooking) Totally yummmm...

mro

Comment

Working...
                    X