Yics Monster Motor!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yics Monster Motor!!!!

Dear Lord help us all. Some of the listings at Ebay should be illegal....

YICS MONSTER MOTOR

If this weren't so sad it would seriously be funny. I need some tylenol.

What are the details about the YICS motor? Why is it better than the stock XS engine?
    1981 XS1100SH

Comment

You don't need tylenol you need some of the stuff this guy is taking. Monster motors, what next? Wounder if he belives this or is it just hype?
      wingnut
      81 SH (Daily Ride)
      81 650XJ (Brother in laws bike, Delivered)
      81 650XJ Jane Doe (Son's Ride)
      82 750XJ Project bike (Son in law's future ride)
      81 XS 400

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another; and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.”

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

malber,

Point is, it's not better!. Also noticed that he did the best he could NOT to show the gaping hole where the starter used to be.

A seller to avoid.

Comment

YIKES!

wasn't the yics poorer performance, tree hugger design?
          MDRNF
          79F.....Not Stock
          80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Oh I got a feeling he really believes it...

WOW!!! I just realized my Maxim has a YICS!!! I think I'll stomp a BUSA!

Comment

Chop

From Yamaha's brochure:

"Our patented YICS system provides more power per stroke and better gas mileage..." blah blah blah...

The last time I laughed this hard was on a road trip with Bohn Frazier!

Comment

yikes

email the guy back and ask him where you put the batteries...
                MDRNF
                79F.....Not Stock
                80G......Not Stock Either....In the works

Comment

Well, the '82 1100 is generally considered to be the weakest of the 1100 series. Partly due to emissions controls coming into effect around that time, the XJ used leaner jetting and the YICS (Yamaha Induction Control System, also used on other Yamahas of the same vintage) to try to get a cleaner burning engine. YICS has a balanced vacuum port for the carbs, hence the need for a special tool to synch the carbs, and extra intake runner port that comes out behnd the intake valve; this was supposed to "swirl" the incoming charge for better/more complete combustion. Was also supposed to help fuel economy, doubt it did. The XJ runs a different timing curve with full advance coming in at a higher RPM. Last but not least the XJ carbs went to a 54mm intake side OD instead of the XS's 52mm OD. Thats why individual filters for an XS won't fit the XJ; you have to buy the larger diameter filters.

Engine pictured is missing the alternator. From the rust on the end of the shaft I would say this engine has been out of use and the alternator removed some time ago, though in the midwest rust can build up quickly on unprotected metal so it is hard to tell. In any event it is not a complete motor. Still, if I were in the area for pick up I would offer him the starting bid of $85.00. Might even go to $100. Would be interesting to ask about the condition of the transmission. As for his other claims, pure bulls**t.
                  Jerry Fields
                  '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
                  '06 Concours
                  My Galleries Page.
                  My Blog Page.
                  "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

$85.00. Might even go to $100.
                    Think you are a little generous, after all it's got a leaky cam chain tensioner

but not a bad deal if needed.

mro

Comment

The YICKS Yamaha XS1100 will stomp on the regular stock 1100"s
                      You know, the YICKS system is just a big hole drilled into the side of the motor. Thats where they put all the extra power in!

Only hicks run YICKS !
                      80 XS1100SG
                      81 XS400SH

Some men miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

A Few Animations I've Made

Comment

would adding this do it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1585468&rd=1,1
                        "a good man knows his limitations" dirty harry
                        History
                        85 Yamaha FJ 1100
                        79 yamaha xs1100f
                        03 honda cbr 600 f4
                        91 yamaha fzr 600
                        84 yamaha fj 1100
                        82 yamaha seca 750
                        87 yamaha fazer
                        86 yamaha maxim x
                        82 yamaha vision
                        78 yamaha rd 400

Comment

Why take the engine off of running bike?
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

originally posted by rock sniffer
                            WOW!!! I just realized my Maxim has a YICS!!!
                            Thought you cured your Maxum of the ICKIES

mro

Comment

I couldn't find any YICS at the local NAPA. It's supposed to be with the Super Octane Booster in those little bottles, isn't it? Well, I wanted a MONSTER motor too, so I made one myself. I had some MONSTER CABLE speaker wire laying around so I upgraded the following:

MONSTER Cable to the TCI/coils

MONSTER Cable for engine ground and battery cable.

MONSTER Cable to the speedometer.

MONSTER Cable to the brake light switches for x-tra MONSTER stopping power.

Holy Crap! I blew right past a brand new ZX-14 and GSXR 1000! Although they passed me a little later once they finished filling up. They must have found that bottle of YICS to add to the gas. Man I need some of that!
                              2010 Kawasaki Z1000
                              1979 SF: Millennium Falcon, until this Saturday

Comment

Working...
                              X