Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking Interest in SS caliper pistons for Specials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking Interest in SS caliper pistons for Specials?

Hey Folks,

Butcher sent an email to the XS11.com webmaster/moderator email addy, but I hadn't checked it for about a week! He's got someone that can machine the front brake caliper pistons for the Specials. Remember he lives in the UK! He is wanting to find out about how many people would be interested in getting some of these parts. The more that can be made in a "RUN" the cheaper they can become. He estimates the shipping alone will be about $15.00 US!

He is asking for orders(without payment for now), and once he gets the final # of interested parties, can then post the price. THEN he would request those placing orders to send the $ via Paypal. I suggest you send him a PM (to "the butcher")letting him know IF you are wanting to get a set, so he can keep track.

I'll make this a POLL so he can get some quick #'s!

Here's a copy of his email:
    Hi, this is THE BUTCHER from The UK. i have just managed to make a deal on being supplied with xs1100 special front brake pistons IN STAINLESS, I have been offered a special deal for xs1100 UK members and would like to extend this offer to you there in USA. As you know, special front pistons are no longer obtainable, and are fast becomming a rear item. It would be very benneficial to the world of XS1100 owners to be able to take advantage of this offer, and would be greatful if you would type up some form of message to point out the service i can provide for them.

I would need some show of interest in the form of orders to know how many to get the machine set up for, the more orders i get the better. Price will be finalised after one month, once orders have been placed, (to which they are not set in stone, the orders i ask for ar for interest only). If the person giving me the advanced order is not happy with the price, they will be under no obligation to buy, but if they are happy with the overall cost of each unit and postage, (which should be around $15 a set), i will require payment in advance via paypal, and items will be delivered within 20 days.
    I hope to be a bit clearer once i know how much interest i get.
    Regards Gary.
    T.C.
    Yes, I'm interested and would be willing to place an order!
    22.22%
    No, I'm happy with my OEM pistons, they aren't badly pitted!
    77.78%

The poll is expired.

T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

I have a place righ here in town that can make them for me. Remember, a few years ago, I had 20 of them made, and I had a hard time selling them all. If I remember, the cost was $42 each in a batch of 20. I could get another batch made if there were enough up front, firm orders.

Comment

Working...
    X