Hell hath no fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell hath no fury

like So Cal burning. Man, it's hot, too hot to ride and I had to go to LA today in the mornig rush and the temp was already 85. The way back was worse. Should'a took the cage, but any excuse for a ride and gas at over $3.50 means it was me & Pathfinder. I did save lots of time though as the cage would have taken hours longer.
    You can't stay young forever, but you can be immature for the rest of your life...

'78E "Pathfinder" Show bike...
    Lovingly restored by Dave Delzell
    Drilled airbox
    Tkat fork brace
    Hardly mufflers
    late model carbs
    Newer style fuses
    Oil pressure guage
    Custom security system
    Stainless braid brake lines

Man, you would have loved it here yesterday. Clear skies, light breeze, mid 70's.....perfect day for a ride. So thats what I did. One of the perks of owning the store means I can take an afternoon off so I went for a nice 150 +/- mile ride through the swamp lands of South America (oops, I mean South Louisiana).

But dont feel too bad, it will be 95 degrees and 110% humidity here in another couple of weeks.
    Mike Giroir
    79 XS-1100 Special

Once you un-can a can of worms, the only way to re-can them is with a bigger can.

Comment

anyone got a bimini for an XS?

Well .... was very hot here too ..... but itching to get the feel of the latest addition to my XS stable, I set out at 9:00am on an errand. Was about a 50 mile ride over the back roads to the bike shop that is supposedly putting the engine back in my SF. I needed another cam chain tensioner that I had left there to use on my F. Should have only taken about 2 hrs ..... well, at about 6:00pm I finally arrived back at my gate. It felt so good to be up on two wheels again, I just didn't wanna' get off the bike .... heat or no heat.
      80G Mini-bagger
      VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
      79SF eventually dismantled for parts
      79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
      79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
      79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

How did the new addition 79XS run?

Thewiz, how did the new 79 XS1100F addition to your stable run on your HOT run to the bike shop?
        I am having withdrawls after selling the 79 to you, so I went for a good ride on my 80XS1100G in the HOT wind. If I rode my bikes more, I would have liked to kept the 79, as it was set up to look different. Enjoy your new addition.
        Ernie Elmore
        1815 N Tympani Cir
        Anaheim, CA 92807
        Ph: 714-340-3173
        email: xs11ernie-mc@yahoo.com
        Still Riding at 79 for ....
        1980 Yamaha XS1100G Std - Everlasting - sold (sob)
        1983 Yamaha XV920 Virago - Enduring - sold
        1993 Honda XR650L - Enduro - gave to Son

Comment

Working...
        X