Found another one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found another one

Just found a 1980 special with yamaha fairing, saddle bags and trunk. Guy was wearing a Triumph t shirt, ask him if he had a old one or new one he said 05 model. I said i ride XS1100, he said want to buy another one will take $200 for it, ran last year. I said will be out to your place this afternoon to look at it. Was buried in shed out back behind dirt bikes, mowers, tarps, and other stuff. Bike was last licensed in 95. I said i will take it. Don't know what model for sure till i can get it outside to get the serial numbers off it. If i keep going i am liable to catch up with Hobbyman. This makes 5 so far. 78e,79f,80s, an 2, 82XJ's and i found all of these within 25 miles of my house. All 5 have cost me less than $500!!! There are also 3 running, a 80special, 80standard, ?Midnight and 3 non running XS's within 5 blocks of my house. That is a lot of XS's in this small town.
    Thanks Tom
    82 XJ DAILY RIDE
    78 XS1100E FIXING UP
    79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
    79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
    80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
    82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

nice!!!

sounds like the right place right time good job.

Tonio
    tonio
    81 xs eleven special

Comment

This makes 5 so far

I'm down to 5 since the 79F is pretty much just an engine and a few parts now.

Number might change this weekend tho

mro

Comment

"Feeling down"

I'm down to four.
        What's goin' on, MRO?
        Is life passing us by again, or have we just run out of storage space?
        "Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!' ('Bones' McCoy)

Comment

Tom

Im bout 25 miles from you and just picked up an 80SG today, 100 bucks supposed to run, we will see. Decked out with very tired lookin fairing, luggage, backrest,trunk.
          1978 1100E Standard
          2 1985 700 Maxim's (black & red)
          1986 600 Radian (basket case)
          1979? GS1000 (no title)
          1980 1100SG Special

Comment

run out of storage space?

Dats my current problem, but hope to rearange my garage some...maybe stuff some stuff into the living room to make some XSive space.

mro

Comment

count 'em ..

Hmmmm .... I'm up to three now with two running and two extra blocks. I can hardly wait to post up the pic of the $200 80G I bought in Sandyeggo on Thursday. Camera/confuser issues stopping me there .... but they will pass ... soon as I have time to stop wrenchin on the bikes and wrench a bit on the confuser.
              80G Mini-bagger
              VM33 Smooth bores, Pods, 4/1 Supertrapp, SS brake lines, fork brace

Past XS11s

79F Stone stocker and former daily driver, sold May '10 now converting for N.O. to cafe style
              79SF eventually dismantled for parts
              79F Bought almost new in 80, sold for a house
              79F The Ernie bike sold to a Navy dude summer 08
              79SF Squared-off Special, Vetter/Bates tour pkg., Mikes XS coils, G rear fender and tail light. Sold June 09

Comment

Got it home

Just brought it home today it is a 80SG.Was made 7/79. Does someone have a picture of the 80SG trunk and saddlebags, side and back view.
                Fairing and saddlebags were off bike when i got it, they will need a paint job before i can use them, they are ROUGH looking. Luggage rack is real rusty, made by KG, also headers are solid rust. Has 4 into 2 exhaust with turn out mufflers. Petcocks were so stiff i could just barely turn them,thought they were going to break before they turned, they were set on res. Inside of tank looks ok but has rotten gas in it. Tires are junk, needs starter button, has 27,500 miles on it and NEEDS LOTS of cleaning. Also no side covers. But i will get it running so i can take the72 Honda trunk and saddlebags off my XJ! I know Special side covers are rare as hens teeth but does anyone have any spares laying around? I will even take broken ones that no one else wants.
                Thanks Tom
                82 XJ DAILY RIDE
                78 XS1100E FIXING UP
                79 XS1100F PARTS BIKE
                79 XS1100SF NAKED BIKE
                80 XS1100SG FULL DRESS BIKE
                82 XJ IN THE ROUGH

Comment

Working...
                X