Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all...new to this site. trying to learn about the XS....
    Anyone out there from So Cal? Possibly who knows where to have an XS worked on when needed?

Thanx

Hello there Blondie, Thumper here I'm afrain I'm not from California so can't recommend any garages just thought I'd say hello seeing as I logged on this site only yesterday myself. If you've got the free time don't be scared by a little mechanics, it's only nuts and bolt's besides with a good XS you should only need to service it at regular intervals and it should never let you down. Besides when you do the work yourself you know it's done, to what standard and you save a fortune on bills.
    ThUmPeR!

Comment

Hi,

Where in So. Ca. are you located? I get my work done at Champion Motors in Newport Beach. They have been a Yamaha dealer for quite some time. Parts are availablle (at a price), the mechanics are competent, and they always give about a 15% discount on stuff you buy there. When I was going on my trip (see ride report) I downloaded a list of all Yamaha dealers in California from Yamaha's website. A lot will depend on how willing a given dealer is to work (and get parts for) an old bike.

Good Luck! If your vicinity is my vicinity, let's go for a ride.

Ralph

Comment

Working...
      X